“Finally I got to zumbos” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #131 of 5,162 restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Dessert
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Finally I got to zumbos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I've been wanting to visit here for a long time. A little dissappointed to find that midweek you were not able to dine in which is the experience I was looking forward to. I was looking forwArd to coffee and experience. I thought there would be more on display but I did find it interesting how they do display the cakes. They all look amazing! So beautiful and delicate. You could look and drool over them for ages trying to pick which to buy. The packaging was cute but it really was not the same taking it back to yr hotel to eat it with a wooden fork as Apposed to dining in with a great atmosphere and unique experience as I had hope to do. It's bright modern funky and crisp in an easy to get to location when staying at the casino. $2.50 macarons and $9 cake

• Visited July 2013

81% Recommend
Singapore
“Sugar rush!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Love!

I had the lemon meringue, passionfruit tart and caramel something. Oh and 6 macarons.
Yum yum yum! And the store is just as delicious! Truly a feast for all senses!!!!

• Visited July 2013
sunshine coast
“Service starts with a smile”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The dessert train does offer plates varying in price from $5, $6 to $10 but I think we were all expecting a bigger selection than just 5 or 6. We did grab a plate of Zumbarons to share but feeling uninspired by the other dishes travelling past, instead ordered desserts from the menu. From memory I think mine was the first on the menu, Dirty Dani? or some such name. It was fabulous. A taste of each of my friends' plates delivered the same verdict... Yum!

I do wonder how these staff managed to get a job. For a place that is colourful, resembles a fairground and has a touch of whimsy, this place should be happy and fun. What a shame the staff are lacking in enthusiasm, experience? The service was rudimentary at best and one of them, a woman, was downright rude. She does the business no favours by treating its customers as if they were an imposition. I seriously think these staff need to get out and about in the wonderful restaurants and cafes that abound in Sydney and see what hard work and customer service really mean. To be stressed serving under 20 customers is laughable.
This is a place you'd visit once and then return just for the take away. Maybe that's the point...

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jakarta, Indonesia
“As expected from a famous pastry chef”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to eat from the dessert bar.
I tried many cakes and everything are just soooo yummy. For zumbarons, my favorite is the popcorn one.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Yum!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I am so glad we went here! I have never eaten so many macarons in one day! Words fail in describing how delicious these things are!! Try the popcorn one!

• Visited June 2013