“Poor service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Eat Love Pizza

Eat Love Pizza
Ground Floor, Imax Theatre Complex | 31 Wheat Road, Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales NSW 2000, Australia (City Centre)
+61 2 8267 3666
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #761 of 5,319 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: EAT LOVE PIZZA is an exciting new restaurant located below the IMAX theatre in Darling Harbour. We LOVE EATing PIZZA. We LOVE cooking PIZZA.Our traditional gourmet PIZZAs are so yummy and affordable. Our restaurant is spacious, family-friendly and character-filled.Each PIZZA is made with LOVE and with fresh ingredients in a ‘wow oven’ so you’ll never have to wait long to EAT them! Come to our table and experience the PIZZAs we LOVE to EAT in this new, fun and hip restaurant.We look forward to serving delicious PIZZA to all those PIZZA LOVErs out there!
Launceston, Australia
“Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was a bit disappointed with this restaurant mainly due to the slow and somewhat forgetful service. The restaurant looks good with its casual inside and outside type of dining in a good spot next to the Imax in Darling Harbour. I ate here on a Wednesday night with some work colleagues and the service was initially ok with prompt service for drinks and nibblies. The restaurant was not that busy but later on we had to remind the waiter of one of our drinks orders and our pizzas took forever, only arriving after we asked about them. Most of the food seemed ok, however my pizza was supposedly on a bbq base but seemed more like a tomato base. This place could be really good but needs to up the service level.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bendigo, Australia
“Relaxed Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Lovely casual eatery tucked under IMAX. Especially impressed with Gluten Free pasta for our child. Pizza and pastas true Italian style. Drinks at typical Sydney prices.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coffs Coast
“Great take away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Really nice pizza, cooked quickly. The staff were really friendly, location great and a great selection available.

Visited February 2013
Chicago, IL
“Disappointing food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Everything on the menu sounded great, so I was looking forward to our meal, which ended up being my least favorite dining experience in the city. Service was slow to start, and when we asked to sit outside, we were told there were no tables, but we had walked past one on our way in. We had to point it out. Service did pick up and was generally friendly for most of the evening though.

Poor selection of wines by the glass, which I found surprising in a city where even the diviest neighborhood pub has a few decent wines

Food was very disappointing. I had eaten polenta chips at another place the night before, and they were amazing, so I was excited to try them at ELP. Instead of crispy finger food, they served enourmous soggy fork and knife affairs. Pizza was also a disappointment. We tried the zucca and the patata. In both cases the pumpkin and the potato were not cooked enough (especially the potato). It was hard to taste the fresh ingredients in the toppings as well, because there was way too much sauce and cheese on them. Crust was nothing special.

Then, when it came time to pay the bill, the machine they were using wouldn't accept either of my American credit cards. I know this to be an issue with a certain type of ANZ bank machine, as it happened to me and my colleagues on two other occasions, and the merchants were able to resolve the matter. I don't know if they have the ability to key in or phone in the credit card sale in Australia, like US merchants would in a case like this, but they certainly didn't offer. Instead, I had to go to the ATM on my last night in the country, and pay $9 to withdraw money to settle the bill.

In a neighborhood full of dining options, I feel like this is probably one of the more casual options, and perhaps you get what you pay for.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Great food, great location and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

What more can you ask for, excellent food and atmosphere at one of the most famous harbours in the world!

Got seated at the front of the restaurant and got served quickly. My friend and I both ordered pizza's which were devine, very fresh ingredients and full of flavour! We treated ourselves to the 'cinnamon snails' dessert, which our friendly waitress highly recommended and they were to die for! Really good evening, would highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited February 2013