“$59 - Great Bargain to the Blue Mountains” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oztrek Blue Mountains Tour

Oztrek Blue Mountains Tour
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (City Centre)
+61 (02) 9666 4262
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #129 of 415 Activities in Sydney
Elgin, Texas
172 attraction reviews
“$59 - Great Bargain to the Blue Mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Comparing other tours to the Blue Mountains I chose OzTrek based on what they offered in my price range and I am very happy with what I received for $59 (plus a 3% charge for using my credit card). If you want the option to choose or decline additional services, such as lunch menu items of your choice or tram rides, I would strongly recommend this tour company which is a family-owned business and has apparently been in operation since 1984.

Eleven people were on our minibus (maximum of 14 passengers) and I was picked up in front of the Woolworth's store at the corner of Park and George Streets (immediately outside Town Hall Subway station) and at the scheduled time of 7:45AM. Other pickup locations/times are available, see their website for specifics. The minibus had large windows, seat belts and was very comfortable during the day long trip. Potty and coffee breaks were convenient and I believe all of the guests were pleased with Glen (our driver) and his description of where we were going and the schedule that was based on our needs. We stopped/visited the Kings Tableland, Eagle Point, Flat Rock Lookout, Eagle Hawk Lookout, Three Sisters, two waterfalls, Kings Tableland along the Cliff Drive and more which I believe all tours visit anyway.

Four of the guests elected to purchase the optional Scenic Railway, Cableway and Skyway ticket ($35) while the rest of us were dropped off and directed where to take walking trails in the rain forest (this was the highlight for me and the four young ladies from South Korea and Singapore as well). Again, we had a choice and Glen was responsive to each of our needs, whether hiking the trails or taking the optional scenic world rides. We stopped for a fifty minute lunch in Leura, at our expense, well before the crowds showed up for lunch.

We did not stop to pet koalas or kangaroos which some tours do; however, we did see kangaroos on the drive out. A nice surprise was having complimentary coffee, tea and cookies in a Japanese Tea House at a small lake and then visiting the 2000 Olympic site for photos and payment of our fares.

Everyone took a nap on the way back to Sydney except for Glen and myself which afforded me an opportunity to ask a variety of cultural, historical and miscellaneous questions to which Glen was exceptionally responsive to my enquiries. We were dropped off close to where we were picked up in the morning and two of the guests were taken close to an evening activity they had previously booked. I was back at my hotel around 6:00PM.

Also, although they have no control over the weather, Glen did provide excellent weather on our trip even though it was wintertime in the Blue Mountains! I would recommend this tour to any budget minded tourist. I'm scared of heights and did not desire to visit an aboriginal village or spend quality time with a marsupial. Walking the trails in the rain forest at my pace; observing the waterfalls, plant and animal life; and meeting other people from around the world was exactly what I wanted in my visit to the Blue Mountains. What a wonderful way to spend the day on the day the new prince was born in England.

Adelaide, Australia
“Great tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Reasonable price and great tour! Magnificent View from the Blue Mountains!! Easy to book and respond to emails promptly. Be aware that only one price for the scenic skyway now i.e. you much take red, blue and yellow options. make sure you have enough time to do all.

Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
“The highlight of my trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was really excited to go to the Blue Mountains and since my friends and I were on a tight budget, we chose the cheapest one there was. The guide, Jim, was so experienced and he enjoyed bringing us around. Earlier in the day, the famous lookouts were surrounded by fog and mist and we couldn't see anything, not even the three sisters. So he brought us to a few walks instead, which was a bit unexpected but I'm glad he did! Learnt a lot about the amazing animals and plants like the Bower bird, Lyre bird, trapdoor spider, mountain devil... Nature at its best. I would definitely recommend this to everyone!

Hobart, Australia
“Great times with Oz Trek!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went on the Blue Mountains Tour on Wednesday 19th of June, this was my 2nd trip with Oz Trek, the previous trip being in October 2007. I love the Blue Mountains and seeing them again with Oz Trek was just as good as the first time. What a wonderful day we had. Jim was our driver, who also moonlighted as a bass player in a jazz band. He was friendly and funny, and answered all questions. He gave us a snippets of historical Sydney as we were driving, I asked a lot of questions, thanks Jim! The other people were friendly, from different countries but all there to enjoy the beautiful Blue Mountains. The day was fine but crisp, a perfect winter's day. I especially enjoyed the walk down into the rainforest, with views of waterfalls, it was just so lovely. Next time I visit Sydney, which I hope is soon, I will again visit the Blue Mountains with Oz Trek and this time spend several days in the area. :)

Visited June 2013
Sydney, Australia
“What a fantastic Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Dear, OzTrek, Just wanted you to know that I had a truly awesome day.The scenery was amazing made all the more interesting by you very informed driver's commentary. Clearly he was very passionate and very knowledgeable about the plants and animals and the history- clearly he loved doing what he did. He took us to some of his special places and I really felt like he was giving our small group a very personalized tour.
The day was well planed and I felt out time was organized very efficiently and represented great value for money, so full marks to your company and driver, had a really fantastic day and i will be telling everybody about it, Thanks again Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie- Oi,Oi,Oi...