“A nice surprise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lucio Pizzeria

Lucio Pizzeria
248 Palmer Street | Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales 2010, Australia (Inner East)
(02) 9332 3766
Neighborhood: Inner East
Brisbane, Australia
“A nice surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Found this place on trip advisor, couldnt believe it was ranked number one in Sydney and walking up to the place you really do wonder if it was some sort of scam as the reviews are so few....but this place is the real deal!

Got there and the place was packed, they took my name and told me it would be 40/50 mins. We went to a nearby pub and within 10 mins received the call. The food was lovely, pizzas all around. Perfectly cooked and with just enough toppings. The staff were busy but very efficient and polite. Followed the pizzas with some desert - Tiramasu which was also delicious, i was so full afterwards.

This place is cheap, fast, delicious and worth it. Come one, come all :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
“Delicious, a real Italian meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My partner and I came here to have dinner a few weeks ago and we were not disappointed. My partner is from Italy and is picky when it comes to his "Italian" food. From the waitstaff who were Italian, to the guests dining who were Italian and down to the food on our plates,this little hidden gem really made us feel as if we were back in Italy! We started off with the antipasto platter for 2 and then shared a pizza and a tiramisu for dessert. Everything was wonderful and the waitstaff was very helpful and professional. I will definitely be returning, even if it is just to get a take away pizza.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
cork
“Class food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Went to lucio's after Jamie Oliver's was too packed. Booked a table and went to the pub down the road for a beer. After being called up we were immediately seated and served. We both ordered pizzas and they did not disappoint ... The wood fired oven taste is magic, you could sit and eat the dough for hours! Overall a great experience and fantastic value

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Canberra, Australia
“Definitely a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very good pizza here! They deserve their number one rating here on Tripadvisor.
Full of flavor, good size, and not very expensive.
Great atmosphere too.
I definitely recommend it to anyone who visits Sydney

“Best pizza I've ever eaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went to this restaurant on our last night in Sydney purely based on its No. 1 rating on Trip Advisor. It lived up to its reviews!! We had to wait a while for a table as it was busy but it was worth the wait. The pizza was delicious, so full of flavour. And the service was great - so quick. I never eat a whole pizza - but I did here. I didn't want to waste anything. They don't waste most of the pizza with a thick base like so many other places do, so you get so much flavour from the toppings.

I even had room for desert which is rare for me! Had the vanilla panna cotta and wanted to lick the plate when I was finished - it was so delicious. Have just googled how to make my own as I loved the flavour.

Overall - this place does live up to its reputation, with great flavours and great service. Will be back when I'm next in Sydney!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere