“Modern clean and spacious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell Street

Save Saved
You added Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell Street to your Saves list
Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell Street
4 - 10 Campbell Street | (corner of George Street), Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Free Wi-Fi*
Ranked #2 of 183 Hotels in Sydney
China
“Modern clean and spacious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at Meriton Campbell St after reading reviews on Tripadvisor for a business trip.
The rooms are large and well equipped and the free wifi works well.
The location is on the edge of Chinatown and as such is surrounded by Asian restaurants. There is a Starbucks across the road as well as convenience stores and banks etc close by. However I did not find a supermarket to allow me to buy food and make use of the well equipped kitchen.
The location is convenient to the city and for access to the Eastern and Northern suburbs.
All in all pretty good value for money.

• Stayed April 2013
Rhys A, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell Street, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Goingnutsinchina,

I was very happy to read how convenient your stay with us was and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We certainly do command a great location in Sydney CBD and transport to all Sydney has to offer are right on our door step.

I apologise you could not find a supermarket when you were here. Our local supermarket is located inside World Square Shopping Centre located 1 block away from the apartments. Our friendly reception staff are always happy to assist with guests enquiries.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. Meriton Campbell Street, we look forward to welcoming you back again some time soon.

Warm regards,
Rhys A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (660)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Terrible from check in taking to long, to the mildew smell in the bathroom. We were run around to two rooms before our final one.
. Then on checkout the four elevators being serviced at the same time left us waiting on our floor for fifteen minutes, just completed my overall poor experience.

• Stayed April 2013
Rhys A, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell Street, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear ChrisAmarfio,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay.

I was disappointed to read of your experience with us. Your comments with regard to check in and the smell in your bathroom do seem very out of character. Please be assured I have forwarded your feedback to relevant department heads for review.

I apologise again with regards to the lift delays during your check out. As I mentioned to you during your check out this was a one off incident due to essential maintenance. We in fact had 2 of 4 lifts out of order for approximately 10 minutes. It is unfortunate that it was during this time you were attempting to check out.

Once again my unreserved apologise for this inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Auckland Central, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Recently stayed at these apartments and overall they were very good. The location is awesome, right in China Town and a block away from Market City. Located amongst all the main shopping areas in downtown Sydney too.

The room was the most oddly designed room I've stayed in before, the entrance to the separate shower was so narrow with the way the door swung open that it was physically impossible to get into it, which is a shame because it looked decent. The rest of the layout was also slightly odd with strange furniture choices, positions and decor, as well as a small bedroom compared to other rooms in the apartment.

A good balcony to sit out on and watch the city which is great, and the staff were very friendly and helpful when we needed them. The checkin and checkout process was really fast and easy too.

The bed was ok, it was one of those beds with two mattresses put together on a single base. The bedroom though was not very soundproof and one of the nights the people in the next room felt the need to talk at the top of their voices from about 02h00 to 05h00 which pissed me off cause their balcony was right by our bedroom.

Nice pool, spa and gym facilites that I used, the pool area is great. The spa looked a bit dirty so I didn't get into that.

Would I stay here again? yes. The location and price are good. Is it going to be my first choice? no. I'd recommend it to friends and family going to the city though :)

Room Tip: The higher the better, the concrete city views are spectacular.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We chose this apartment based on trip advisor reviews and I'm glad we did. We had a good sized flat that was perfect for our 4 day trip to Sydney. Our party of 4 had 2 flats. Both flats were absolutely spotless with not a speck of dust to be found.
The check in staff were very friendly. I also appreciated that the desk was always manned, not what I expected from a serviced apartment.
As we were there for 4 days, we knew we would not get a linen change but again, did not expect the daily room service - beds made and toilet cleaned with towel change if required.
These apartments are in a great location, restaurants and shops on the doorstep and Darling Harbour a 10 minute walk.
If I'm ever lucky enough to be able to visit Sydney again I'll book here again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This place was brand and new just amazing except the pillows where the worst I have have ran into at a hotel. They where thick and hard. I can't believe they use them there.This place was a fully equipped apartment. I wish we had stayed here the first time we where in Sydney. Ask for a floor on the top. There is a lot of construction going on but we didn't care. Not a lot of restaurants around, but what there is they are very good. Pool and gym where nice even though we didn't use either. Got the place from booking.com for a very reasonable price for what you get.
LOVED IT. Would go back for sure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had a long business trip to Sydney and was looking for a few basics - washing machine (!), location and gym. Campbell Street apartments fitted the brief and delivered! Extras included super clean, balcony, kitchen, decent size flat screen, king size bed, security, location and the list goes on. I am a light sleeper and I slept soundly for my 11 nights. I had all the comforts of home in a neat, compact one bedroom apartment that was comfortable and very serviceable. Plus, just out the door were some great Asian restaurants, shopping was (very) close and even Darling Harbour was only 10 minutes away. Staff were professional and when I had a minor problem, it was dealt with really quickly (barely had time to get dressed for a visitor!). I used the gym a lot and the pool and spa seemed popular. If you need somewhere in a great location and facilities to give you options, I recommend these apartments as they are well priced and slick!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rhys A, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell Street, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear checol67,

Thank you for taking your time to review Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell St. It is great to hear that our corporate guests are making great use of our facilities which do cater for those who like to cook and relax in our oversized apartments.

Thank you for your comments on our location, Our apartments are situated at the southern end of the CBD right by Chinatown. This location has you mentioned offers a great range of Asian restaurants, shopping and bars.

I will certainly share your kind comments with the team and hope to welcome you back to Meriton again very soon.

Warm Regards,
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We booked Meriton Campbell St based on the TripAdvisor rating and we were not disappointed at all. From arrival to departure -- a total of seven nights -- it was an excellent experience. Staff were very professional, friendly and helpful. Particular thanks to Jean whose attention and assistance on our arrival was what you would expect at a 5-star hotel.

The apartments have all the key amenities. Kitchen was very functional for the week, bed and furniture was comfortable, washer/dryer were much appreciated. Pool was great, spa and gym were ok; only used spa once (just before closing) and it really needed cleaning. We used the gym daily, but is somewhat limited in equipment, and wouldn't handle more than 3-4 people at once.

As for the neighbourhood, there is a Coles supermarket one block away in World Square, a Woolworths a few blocks further at Town Hall. Many small restaurants in the area, Capitol Square and a Starbucks across the street. Chinatown and Market City are also 1-2 blocks away. Easy walk to Central Station, Parks, CBD, Darling Harbour. 20-minute walk to Botanical Gardens, Museums, Circular Quay, Rocks, Harbour Bridge, Opera House. All very convenient. Not cheap or easy to park if you have a car; better to choose Meriton Zetland if you're driving. Taxi fare $45 to/from airport in average traffic. Airport shuttle can be arranged.

View wasn't great -- wasn't much at all -- since Cube Apartment floors are lower. We overlooked back lane and the adjacent office building was very close. Some might not like the lack of privacy. Didn't bother us.

Overall, for this type of apartment accommodation and price, it is easy to see why it is ranked #1 in Sydney CBD. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Cube apartments are worth considering for $/m2, but come at a cost of any type of view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear rvcarse,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I will definitely pass on your kind words to Jean who strives to make every guest feel welcome. I am pleased to note that you experienced this first hand.

Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell St is conveniently located close to places such as World Square. As you have mentioned which provides guests with all they could need whilst travelling away from home including, but not limited to, supermarkets, restaurants and popular tourist attractions.

May I suggest on your next visit to book one of our 1 bedroom Sky view apartments. These apartments are located on our higher floors and command spectacular views west over the city.

Rvcarse, Thank you again for reviewing your experience and we hope to exceed your expectations again in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Rhys A

Been to Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell Street? Share your experiences!