I had booked a studio apartment for myself and teenage daughter but when we arrived in our room we had been upgraded to a one-bedroom apartment. Everything was clean and well-maintained. We were in room 2605 which faced towards the west. Although we didn't have a view of any of the common Sydney icons it was still lovely. Location was excellent - we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go within the city. In any case there is a free CBD shuttle bus practically at the door which runs in a loop up and down Pitt and Elizabeth streets going from Central Railway Station and down to Circular Quay. Plenty of cafes and restaurants around - Starbucks directly across the road. The apartment was fully equipped with facilities to cook/heat your own food if you wanted to. There is a Coles and Woollies within walking distance or venture down to the various Asian shops and to Paddy's markets for lots of fresh fruits and veggies. You also don't have to walk too far to find many convenience stores like 7-eleven etc. All in all I consider the price I paid to be a bargain for the type of apartment/facilities/location we had. ($148 per night). Knowing we had the washing machine and dryer was a bonus as well as we were able to pack lightly and leave more room in our suitcase for our holiday purchases. I think the only small negative was that there wasn't anywhere comfortable to sit at the indoor pool area. There are a couple of small wooden benches but you may not get one of them to sit on depending how many people were there. A few deckchairs for parents to sit in comfort to watch their kids have a swim would have been nice. But I wouldn't let that deter me from going back to stay again!! And also the Capitol Theatre is directly across the road so this Meriton is a fab place to stay if you are seeing a show.
- Also Known As:
- Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell Street Hotel Sydney
- Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell Street Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new property will offer both corporate and leisure travellers, superior choice at the Southern end of Sydney city, railway square, Haymarket and other nearby surrounding areas. Positioned opposite the Capitol Theater and just moments away from China Town, Paddy’s Markets, the Sydney Entertainment Centre, Central railway station, the University of Technology Sydney and Broadway. Our new property of 39 levels will offer 247 brand new apartments including Studio, Cube and 1 bedroom configurations. Guest facilities will include indoor heated 20m lap pool, spa, sauna and gymnasium boasting the latest fitness equipment. Our guests will have the added convenience of a large selection of local restaurants offering meal delivery - directly to your apartment door. The innovative design of our newest building allows access both from George Street and Campbell Street plus easy access through the building via our pedestrian link to Cunningham Street - connecting you directly to World Square & beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Meriton, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.