“Excellent Dining Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Opened in the last 6 months
Perth
“Excellent Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I had a night off from the little one and headed here for a Sunday Night Dinner.
Excellent and knowledgeable service, friendly and efficient.
Food was very, very good and we enjoyed having steaks cooked to our exact liking - which is not always the case even at very good restaurants!
Considering the wine we also ordered it was good value and the decor and ambience were perfect for winding down and relaxing. In a tourist area of Sydney but not really "touristy" at all.

83% Recommend
Melbourne, Australia
“Superb Sydney Tucker”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I first ate here in June during a work visit. I was a walk-in with 2 colleagues, and they had no tables. What immediately impressed me about the staff, is that they provided the option to wait at the bar OR even eat in the corner of the bar. This is what we did. We had some great meals, right next to the bar and so had a great combination of alcohol injection and delicious food.
The Bar and Grill is downstairs, and has a dark but very pleasant ambience. Staff were attentive, and accomodated for gluten free options including bread for the starter plate.
On my second visit I came in and purposefully sat at the bar again this time with my wife. We drank a few glasses of wine, had a share plate of shaved meats, enjoyed great barracuda and steak meals, and left with full bellies and a relaxed enjoyable night.
It is worth visiting this great bar and grill.

sydney
“Great steak awful waiter”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

My family came here last month and had fantastic service, so must be me, but this time the waiter could not have been more arrogant and inefficient. We had to ask for drinks each time, plates weren't cleared and he only seemed keen to know what his tip was at the end. Shame as the food was great, the slow cooked roast in particular. The fries were cold, overcooked and disappointing and the hash a little overpowering as an accompaniment with beef.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Good quality choice on the Rocks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Having struggled to decide where our party of six was going to dine, we were welcomed to The Cut Bar & Grill with welcome arms and an engaging smile despite no booking, and it being reasonably late.

Some members of our group had flown internationally and were not up for too much experimentation with the wine selection, but thankfully they had plenty of variety by the glass.

The food was presented with care, and of high quality, and despite initial food envy, the whole party left thoroughly impressed.

Because we were late, there weren't too many other diners left in the restaurant, and have decided to return at a more reasonable hour to enjoy a busy atmosphere as the setting was lovely.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bangkok, Thailand
“Top Quality Australian Steak and Beef restaurant on The Rocks in Sydney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had some Rock Oysters which were very small but tasty and a top notch Tasmanian grass fed
Blue New York cut Sirloin steak
In this classy but overpriced restaurant in Sydney

The steak was as good as any I have had outside Argentina or Uruguay and and the Tasmanian cab Sav was an excellent choice with this very tender piece of beef. The service was excellent with very good waiters who knew their wines. The Stony Vinyard wines
Are excellent but at 19 Aud a glass took the edge off the value of the meal. There are hundreds of good Oz wines and I consider it greedy to charge si much when I just asked for a glass of cab Sav. I will check the price next time . The rents are high on the Rocks so one must I suppose expect high prices. Water is 10 Aussie dollar a bottle
Something I hate !

Had i been able to get a rare cut I would have had the Rib of Wagu beef from the trolley which looked succulent and is highly rated. The Tasmanian Sirloin was however top drawer

This is a top class atmosheric restaurant with great beef and an excellent but expensive wine list. South African wine is just as good if not better for a third of the price but the rent in Cape Town or Buenos Ares is I suppose a lot less than Sydney

Having said that I would return and buy less expensive wine and no water !