“Superb T-bone.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chophouse

Chophouse
25 Bligh Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (City Centre)
1300 246 748
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #287 of 5,297 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Chophouse is located at 25 Bligh St Sydney. Designed as a tribute to the old New York steakhouse, Chophouse references a bygone era. Inspired by the industrial & perhaps even a subtle nod to the rawness of the abattoir, the building’s original substructure has been unearthed. |Elements have been stripped back to their raw, primitive nature while maintaining a certain edge & sex appeal. Chophouse is a culinary and visual experience....
birmingham
“Superb T-bone.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Or last meal on a wonderful trip around Sydney. A menu for people who like meat! Which is fine for us. Service was great but for one wrong dish that came out. Only took a few minutes to correct and we were given the error dish for the table to sample. Our steaks were excellent, especially my t-bone. (I recommend the side order harissa sauce) and the short rib was soft and moist and full of beefy flavour. Wine was good, bread was good, atmosphere was great. Desserts were not nearly as good as the mains. I ordered a blueberry and white choc panacotta. It was too sickly sweet, needed some sharpness from the fruit for balance. This was general consensus from the rest of the desserts.

In summery, I would return if in Sydney again as the quality of steak was tip top. We all had a great night to send us off and left with full bellies and smiling faces.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Thee Food Quality, The Ambiance, The Staff are all 5 star. We visited sydney at the end of our 3 week trip to Austrailia (sept 2013) . My wife and I went here after reading many posative reviews online. We started out with a few drinks at the bar and chatted it up with the bartender. The bartender tipped us off on a cookie called Tim Tams and a meathod of eating said Tim Tam using a meathod called a "Tim Tam Slam" whiched we slammed all the next morning. That piece of info and the friendlyness of the bartender really set us up to what was to be one of the best places ive ever eat.

The Risotto Balls for an absolute must. Greenbeans were just as i like them (steamed and alittle crispy) The steak was cooked perfectly and high quality meat. All this food was brought to us by a friendly staff in beautiful ambiance. I would say its top 2 steakhouses ive eat in ever.

Price could be considered high, I found it similar to a nice steakhouse in New York City.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rhone, France
“Simple, good quality and unpretentious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

A great central location meeting a friend for lunch the Chop House while certainly not in the ranks of cheap eats is still reasonable value. A traditional grill restaurant the formula is tried and tested. Excellent quality meats, cooked perfectly with simple but delicious accompaniements...try the cauliflower gratin, ery tasty and a great alternative to the tradition of fries. Service is prompt, efficient and courteous, no faults there. All up the Chop house is unpretentious and excels at keeping things simple.... would I return.... yep, anytime.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Good steak, suited to business crowd but would go elsewhere if on holiday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Overall a v.nice business lunch. Good steak at a more reasonable price to other city restaurants but nothing amazing to write home about. Happy to have been but won't b rushing back. There is a courtyard so you could sit outside however there's no view and just high rise offices around. The main restaurant is a little dark but food good. For steak Rock pool bar & grill is better but is priced accordingly. If on holiday go to somewhere with a view like woolloomooloo.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dubbo, Australia
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My daughter and I recently enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Chophouse. This restaurant has beautiful ambience with subtle music and lighting, a varied menu and expansive wine list.
The thing which impressed me the most was the staff. Sadly I did not get the name of the tall lovely gentleman who took us to our table but he has customer service down pat. He went out of his way to make sure we had a lovely evening and made a point of speaking directly to my daughter. This may sound trite, but to a well mannered 11 year old, it is nice to be acknowledged as an individual.
I am so glad we dined at the Chophouse and I encourage anyone to choose this restaurant when next they dine in Sydney.

Visited January 2014