“Tricky name. Disappointing place” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Posh Hotel

You added Posh Hotel to your Saves list
Posh Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   8 - 14 Broadway | Chippendale, Sydney, New South Wales 2008, Australia   |
Ranked #40 of 65 Sydney B&B and Inns
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Tricky name. Disappointing place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The location of the hotel is pretty alright. Easy to find and centric.
Regarding the hotel me and my couple we got really disappointed.
The room had a constant "bzzzzz" noise which was annoying to sleep with.
The room wasn't isolated from the outdoor noises, so car traffic was a constant thing to deal.

The first impression of the room was ok, but we found the museum of dust and lost objects from other clients under "the bed" (bed= sleeping-couch where the concept of sheets surrounding the duvet is still a mystery for the hotel).

The room wasnt cleaned during our stay( the second day we politely asked if it could be cleaned, and they ignored our request) it was cleaned when we demand it at the night (fast and badly done).

As it's a smoke-free hotel, hotel personal, suggest us to go to the "amazing roof" which it did NOT have a single chair or bench.

The workers are ok, too many different people so that might be the reason of the chaos. I wouldnt recommend it to anybody. I've been to backpackers in better condition than the hotel charging half

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Thai first
Suva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed at the posh hotel for the weekend. It was a good experience as there are many varieties of restaurants and pubs. Night life in Sydney is the best so far, One thing that caught my eye is the harbour bridge which is more huge then I thought. Posh hotel was the best location for the price compared to other hotels nearby. Plus It is close to the city train station and just Around 10 minute walk to darling Harbour.
Checking in was a breeze but had to deposit $200 bond as I didn't have a credit card, the $200 was refunded back to me at check out.
The beds were comfortable and there was a mini fridge to put chilled drinks in.
Overall, My experience at the posh hotel was great.

Room Tip: Deluxe king shared is cheap and is a shared bathroom which I didn't mind.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Me and couple of my friends decided to go on a road trip to Sydney and I must say that it is a beautiful city. As it was already late in the evening, we were a bit worried about accommodation so we decided to look for the nearest hotel. Luckily we found this hotel which had friendly staff with smiles opening the door for us which is quite good. Booking that late in the evening was quite fast and easier then i expected. I was i little worried because i didn't think they had parking space for my car as parking was really expensive in the city. With a struck of lucky, they did have a secure parking site for us which was convenient and cheap too.
It's location is really close to restaurants and Bars.
Bottom line:
Staff members were friendly and helpful
Parking is Cheap and convenient
Beds were comfortable and our room was spacious which is a Superior King i believe.
Reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Superior King rooms are Spacious and it has its own bathrooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Wynyard, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My 2 friends and i have never stayed at such bad accomodation! The shared bathroom was dirty and some powerpoints were hanging out of the wall in the bedroom! Television only worked on 2 stations and staff did not care less! Overall we found staff to be rude, not helpful at all! This really made our stay in Sydney very unpleasant! I would not recommend this hotel! Worse than backpackers accomodation!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

fast efficient check-in procedure, modern interiol design and great atomsphere. the staff was friendly and helpful with cartering to our special needs. quite and secure, unlike the other hotels in the centre of the city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I booked for location, and it's only 3 mins from central station by walk. It doesn't really impress me from the outside, the whole buliding looks a bit old. But after I got in, it looks totally different! The front desk welcome me with a worm smile, and the room was so much better than I thought. Plus, the bed is REALLY comfortable!
I stayed in a Queen En Suite, and there's even a kitchen for us to use for cooking a light meal.

To be honest, I don't really adore the bathroom since the size is too small for me. However, for the price with this location and service, it's definately worth it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

On the arrival they didn't have a key for our room because they double booked the room, the person prior to us went out for the day (she didn't have to check out yet) and when she came back poor lady's belongings got moved to an other room by the staff members! Totally unacceptable! Then the cord for the kettle was missing, we asked for it but we didn't get it until the next evening, minibar poorly stocked, 3 crunched up tea bags,no teaspoons whatsoever! We asked for an extra single bed we ended up with a mattress on the floor, bed sheets and quilt were dumbed on the bed. We paid $50 for each day to have a private bathroom, but no bathroom mats, and no facial towels! But the location was great, fabulous restaurants on each side of the hotel! Very reccommended, good food and really cheap! Only mins walking distance to the sydney central station and darling harbor

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Posh Hotel? Share your experiences!