“arch tour of Opera House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sydney Architecture Walks

Sydney Architecture Walks
Museum of Sydney | Corner Phillip and Bridge Streets, Sydney, New South Wales 2010, Australia
+61 403 888 390
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 270 Tours & Activities in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sydney Architecture Walks explore ideas through architecture offering an interface between architecture and the wider community. Each route is driven by certain themes and ideas and attempts to decode the city whilst stimulating new ways of thinking about and seeing Sydney. On bike and on foot we trespass joyfully across disciplines and genres as we seek out the projects that respond to the culture, history and environment of Sydney and not just imported formulaic codes.
Sydney, Australia
“arch tour of Opera House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I love architecture - even did a year of study (am a lawyer by training). I thought I know the deal on the Opera House, Utzon, the politics behind it etc. I learned so much and was fascinated the whole 3 hours. One of the best tours I've even taken - simply outstanding. The guide was so knowledgeable and conversant w the subject - absolute pleasure.

Visited April 2013

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Brilliant, original tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I went on the Utzon tour and enjoyed every second of it. I would recommend a SAW tour to anyone, a very worthwhile experience to have in Sydney - an original, insightful and interesting perspective. I loved it!

Visited March 2013
Bendigo, Australia
“Sydney Architects Walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We attended the Architects Walk as part of a professional development trip to Sydney. The walk was one of the highlights of our trip. I found it really interesting, with a good balance of talking about not only the physical attributes of the buildings, but the principles applied in the design of the buildings and the stories behind them. Some of the history and pattern of settlement of Sydney was also well and entertainingly worked into the discussion on the three main buildings our walk focussed on. Our guide was very knowledgeable and an engaging speaker. With our small group of about 8 or 9 people we had plenty of opportunity for questions and informal discussions. I would be keen to do another similar walk on my next visit to Sydney.

Sydney, Australia
“Great City Walk - so interesting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had a such an enjoyable few hours yesterday wandering about the city with Eoghan. He brought alive some of the history (and political machinations!) behind the city and the way its buildings have come together. In a small group of approx 8 people we had time for questions and discussion and heard some wonderful anecdotes about various architects and politicians. I paticularly enjoyed the historical aspects of the walk/talk and am looking forward to joining more of SAW's walks through the city soon!

Canberra, Australia
“Great way to see the Sydney people live in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I can't think of a much better way to spend a Sunday morning...riding around a beautiful city learning about the buildings, the people and the stories behind them - and getting exercise at the same time. I could easily do the same ride again and am now really keen to do more of SAW's tours as well as finding similar rides in other cities. I would suggest you need to be reasonably fit to complete the tour though.