“Delicious food, delicious views, baked fresh” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baroque Bistro

Baroque Bistro
88 George Street | The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (The Rocks)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #390 of 4,524 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: French, European, Hungarian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Sydney
“Delicious food, delicious views, baked fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Ah this is the life.. Sun streaming through large glass rustic windows overlooking historical buildings and a gorgeous harbour... Did I mention the food..?. Amazing pastries and breads baked on site.. My husband and I were licking our fingers after breakfast. Small servings , limited menu, but executed really well. We topped it off with chocolate crossaint , lovely coffee and macaroons to take away!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Aussie
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Drew Bolton is an amazing chef. The food is all class.
We went to Baroque for the first time on one of our visits to Sydney, and at Drew's recommendation had the Degustation menu. We didn't know what to expect but it went far above and beyond anything we had tasted before. It was just delightful from the very professional service, presentation and taste sensations of each course to getting to meet and talk with Drew himself. I cannot recommend this restaurant more highly.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had truly fantastic time at Baroque....I came with three other friends, one of whom had been telling us to come in for a while because they had heard great things. The location is great and we got a great view of the harbour bridge from our table. The service was friendly and informative and gave us a good overview of the menu and all the components of the dishes.

I ordered the beetroot salad for an entrée which was superb. A great balance of flavours and just so pretty. For main I had the lamb which was beautifully cooked and so full of flavour. Everyone on the table were raving about their food.

We shared desserts, getting a crème brulee and a chocolate mousse with banana, coriander and yuzu (forgot the French name for it!). These were beautifully presented and tasted amazing.

I would recommend Baroque to anyone and I'll definitely be back!

1 Thank Angela M
Ultimo, New South Wales, Australia
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Have been there twice recently, once for dinner and once for lunch, both menus and food chosen were wonderful. Both visits left me feeling so full that I had to take my macarons home with me. I enjoyed the calm, comfortable and unpretentious atmosphere of the restauarant space and the views of Circular Quay added to the overall experience. The service was excellent and the open kitchen is an aspect that I think restaurant enthusiasts would appreciate. I'll definetely return and I recommend it to all.

Sydney, Australia
“the good the bad, and the tasty: highlights, food and ambiance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Place/Time: Location is at The Rocks. Autumn season, on a weekday for a birthday dinner.

Ambiance: Where do I start. Our group was seated with a magnificent view of the harbour bridge- but with the downside of stacked wine glasses in the corner, to which waiters would squeezed past our table every time they needed one. Despite that, the modern copper interior and lighting was a treat. The acrylic seating made it more casual and contemporary, but I could not get over the view we were having during dinner.

Food: I have never had French food, only heard and read about it. This was the first time to try it. Everything seemed foreign yet delicious. Provincial french/Rustic presentation with rich and exciting flavours. Specialty of Baroque Bistro is their patisserie and desserts, definitely bought us some macarons to take home. A plus, contained a kids menu.

Service: We were late an hour for our reservation but they weren't too fussed. From the beginning service was professional and friendly. All orders were correctly done. Bill contained no mistakes.

Occasion: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Bistro, French cravings.

Pricing: For 6 adults and 1 child, we approximately spent $AU600-$AU800. We all had entree, mains, sides and desserts. Plus cocktails, wine and tip included.

All in all if I had the budget I would return, but maybe for lunch this time. It was a beautiful night and was well worth the dollar for the beautiful experience with my family and friends.

• Visited June 2012