“We were so lucky to do this tour. The best!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 416 Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Real Sydney Tours guarantees to show you Sydney and its surrounding areas the way locals see it. We take you to all the nooks and cranny's of this beautiful city exploring some secluded bays and beaches but also making sure you see some of Sydney’s most iconic sites. We include suprises along the way and your driver/guide will make this tour intimate, fun but also informative. We cover Sydney,the Blue Mountains and The Hunter Valley and can tailor tours to other areas specifically for you and your group. Ideal for couples, families and small groups.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking
Maryland
“We were so lucky to do this tour. The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to connect with a group of people from our ship ( about 20 of us) and we all did The Real Sydney tour with Suanne. From the minute she picked us up in a very comfortable coach, until the end of our time on tour it was exceptional. We really felt like Suanne made the extra effort to get to know us all and its fair to say her enthusiasm and smile had the rest of us smiling along with her. The tour was really well thought out and we certainly covered so much of Sydney that we could not possibly have done on our own. But besides this, it was the way Sydney came to life through Suanne's stories and vast knowledge. I have never seen my husband smile so much in one day! At the end of the day he remarked that this was the best tour we did during our entire cruise vacation of Australia and New Zealand and I agree. We also got Suannes insight into Bondi Beach as she is pretty much a local and this helped us plan our extra days in Sydney. By the way Suanne, we did manage to find some of those "yummy" candies. Thanks for a great day

Malibu, California
5 attraction reviews
“Real Sydney Tours!!! YESSSSS!!!!! DO IT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I just returned from six weeks in New Zealand and Australia (four of them spent on the Crystal Symphony.) We spent one of our days in port in Sydney visiting the Blue Mountains with Real Sydney Tours. Suanne Adelman, who is the inspiration behind Real Sydney Tours, was an absolute joy to work with from my first inquiring email to hugging each other goodbye when she redelivered us to our cruise ship at the end of our tour. We were most fortunate to have Suanne as our personal guide, but she also has additional guides that lead tours. I feel confident that all would be held to exactly the same high standard that Suanne holds herself.

When I evaluate a day spent with a guide, I begin the evaluation with the first interaction by email months (and months!) before we actually meet. From my very first contact with Suanne, she was immediately responsive, informative, and helpful. That is also exactly how she conducted herself on our tour. When we disembarked the ship and saw her holding the sign with our name, I was struck by the huge smile on her face as she made recognition with me. From the very start, she was warm, friendly, gracious and full of personality. During the tour, she provided us with a wealth of information not just about the Blue Mountains, but also about life in Sydney, even family life. We both enjoyed comparing notes about both of our 20-something and almost 20-something children. Weather conditions are quite unpredictable in the Blue Mountains, and Suanne continuously adapted the order of sights that we visited based upon seeking the best views that the weather would permit as well as avoiding the crowds. She is a master at this. It was incredible how she performed her skills from that very first email until our Blue Mountains day came to an end.

By the end of the day, my husband and I were beyond satisfied! Not only did we have a fabulous day in the Blue Mountains, I honestly feel that I now have a friend in Sydney! If I'm lucky enough to return to Sydney one day, Suanne will definitely be among my list of "must sees!" If you couldn't tell by now, I highly recommend Real Sydney Tours when you visit Sydney. You will not be disappointed!

Stockton, California
4 attraction reviews
“Real Sydney Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Real Sydney Tours with Suanne was the highlight of our New Zealand and Australia cruise. My husband and I recommend her highly. Suanne took us to lots of interesting and fun places to really get a feel for the city. It was obvious she loves her city and takes great pride in it. We can't wait to go back !!

Visited January 2013
“Special Day in the Blue Mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked this online from New Zealand and Suanne made this very simple friendly and efficient. We had arranged for a tour of six which included two of our party being picked up en route. Thank you Suanne and Nick for helping to organise this for us. We were picked up by Nick from our hotel and immediately felt relaxed and in good hands. Nick made the day very special with his enthusiasm and knowledge regarding our destinations. All the tickets and entrance fees were taken care of and we had nothing to worry or stress over. He went out of his way when Mary decided she would like to visit the "Teddy shop" described on our map and happily ended the day with her bears for the grandchildren. We were particularly surprised and enjoyed the regular little treats we got during the day. The blue mountains were truly wonderful to see and we got some really beautiful photos. We also really enjoyed the wildlife park with it's great variety of animals and birds. Nick dropped us at the ferry for a relaxing trip back to Sydney. We really recommend this trip and Real Sydney Tours for those wanting to get out of the city. Thank you so much and we look forward to being able to share another experience with you in the future.

Visited December 2012
FLORIDA
“Simply the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We booked 2 tours with Real Sydney Tours. On our first day, our tour guide was Naomi. She loves Sydney and it showed throughout the day. She took us to places we never would have seen on our own. The 6 of us had so much fun. Loved the pie at "Harry's". So many little touches that made our day extra special. Our next day, just my husband and I spent the day going to the Blue Mountains with Suanne. We were celebrating our 40th Anniversary. It was our favorite tour during our whole vacation throughout New Zealand and Australia. She is so warm and fun to be with. We felt like part of her family. Loved Featherdale Wildlife Park and feeding the animals. The Blue Mountains were breathtaking and Suanne took us to places very few tourists get to see. I can't recommend Real Sydney Tours enough. No other tour operator caters to your wishes like Suanne does starting from your first email throughout your entire tour. She answers all your questions and tries to help make your time with her extra special. I would give Real Sydeny Tours more than 5 circles if I could!

SJG2011, Owner at Real Sydney Tours, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
We felt honored that you had chosen to do two tours with us and I am so happy that we did not disappoint. A Blue Mountains Day can be extra special when we get to walk around the rainforest and have lots of viewing opportunities where other visitors rarely go. I'm so glad you liked the Captain Cook Cruise back to Sydney and as you know I never get tired of Featherdale as I love the interaction that my guests can have with the animals. I also had a great day...thank you so much. Suanne