“Terrible, stay away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Parkview Hotel Sydney

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sydney
Parkview Hotel Sydney
253 Broadway | PO Box 530, Sydney, New South Wales 2007, Australia   |
Ranked #173 of 183 hotels in Sydney
Perth, Australia
“Terrible, stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

It was really old, dirty, and bad. Everything is disgusting, you will not want to touch the TV remote or the AC remote when you look at them. Your experience on dealing with cockroaches will improve dramatically after one night there.

We are very easy travelers with very low or reasonable expectations, but this was soooo awful and very very pricy for the service they offer

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is 100% true what everyone is saying. Please do not stay here

Waited 5 mins at reception for a lady to appear. Old décor everywhere and a unpleasant aroma hung around the " hotel" .She was abrupt and rude and didn't dress appropriate for front desk . We walked up the stair case to our room. The hotel gave off a very uncomfortable vibe. As I walked up the stairs I felt I shouldn't be in this hotel.

Our room had dirty walls, dirty linen and a fridge that made noises The room next door to us had blaring music. To top it off we walked into the laundry room to find writing on the walls stating a person was after intercourse and a mobile number to contact. This "hotel " is a brothel on the side. Disgusting!

I don't know how this hotel is up to the accreditation standards. I wouldn't let my dog sleep here let along a person. We only stayed a few hours and left. Told the reception lady we weren't happy with the hotel . She didn't bat a eyelid. She didnt ask us why or what she could do to fix the problem. She had seen many people before us leave after a few hours. She made us sign forms and we left.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Darwin, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

What a night! I booked a triple room for two nights but with a change in plan I ended up staying there by myself for only one night and the room was disgusting. Very ill mannered management! I was glad that my friends didn't stay there as it would have been total embarrassment as I made the booking. I wish I had read these reviews before the booking.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Ok so the Parkview Hotel in Ultimo is AWFUL! I was on the third floor with a narrow old rickety staircase where the steps all slope downward. The carpets are all stained with suspicious fluids. I had to pay a $20 deposit for the remote control which they didn't give me and when i asked for it, it didn't work. I got in the shower before realising there were no towels and when i went down to ask (remember the third floor rickety slopey steps) i was told they were all dirty and none were available but not to worry i was the third room on the list to get towels when they were clean!

Room Tip: Stay away unless you have some sort of weird body fluid fetish
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Everything about this building was appalling. The double room in which I stayed had no ventilation. The sheets were genuinely dirty. Although the room did include a complimentary locust or two. Suspect red stain in the corner of the bathroom. No windows. A pedestal fan that screamed like the engine of a a WWI aeroplane… which joined the empty fridge in a choir of loud and possibly dangerous appliances. The 'blanket' was foul brown polar fleece fabric. The stairs were steep and filthy. All of the fire doors marked 'keep closed' were wide open. There was a pile of filthy blankets in the 'lobby'. I noticed that some rooms had windows but they looked INWARDS to the corridors of the hotel. The local prostitutes were vocal members of the Parkview hotel community. Very very vocal . As were the at times scary arguments overheard between several other inhabitants. Everything stank. Really stank.

Sleep: Impossible. Comfort: Impossible. I am ashamed to have been seen anywhere near the Parkview Hotel in Sydney. Take my advice. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Not an exaggeration. DO NOT STAY HERE.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Lismore, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel all smelt of cigarette smoke. The foyer was dirty and there was a lighted candle sitting on a wooden floor with a carpeted section nearby! How can this be safe!
The room was not too bad and it was relatively quiet. The TV remote did not work and the shower was dirty.
Most annoying was the fact that the woman in the office on the night of Sat 23rd Nov was very rude to my son's girlfriend. This is not the way to run a business.
The hotel does not have a 'park view'.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here and really, very bad. Do not stay here. It's a very dirty place. We would rather stay on the streets than here. Stay away people. Hope I now don't get sick from the filth..they don't care either, it's like they are happy you have crap room

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Parkview Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!