“Excellent to get your bearings” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 270 Tours & Activities in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Sydney, on a Free Tour at 10:30am and 2:30pm everyday. Join your friendly and knowledgeable local tour guide as we reveal the history, stories and secrets of Sydney. This 3 hour easy walking tour meets everyday at the anchor in Town Hall Square beside the Sydney Town Hall building. Rain, hail or shine, no booking needed, just show up and there will be a guide in a bright green T-shirt to show you around.How are we Free? We work on a tips only basis, so everyone can enjoy Sydney as much as we do, whatever your budget.
london
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent to get your bearings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is a great taster to get to know the key sites in central Sydney, to hear anecdotes, glimpses of Sydney history and tips of how to get around and what to do. Try and do this as early in your visit as possible. Lisa, our tour guide, was very knowledgeable and professional - we were a large group and it was pouring with rain - but she kept us as dry as possible and showed courtesy to passers by. The map provided was excellent.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Essex
15 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This free tour is well worth doing. You get the history and see some interesting sights and places that you would never see on your own. OK you don't get time to linger, but view this as a taster and you can always go back and spend more time on your own.

They provide one of the best tour maps of Sydney as well.

Although it is free you are invited to give a tip to the guide,but there is no pressure to do so. We found that we wanted to tip as we had enjoyed the tour so much.

Don't hesitate do it!

Cronulla, Australia
“Must do in Sydney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I'm Free Tours is a must-do in Sydney. It's a great way to learn and explore the city if you're not familiar with it. They tell you the history of Sydney, point out fun bars and tell you stories you'd never know. I've lived in Sydney for 2.5 years and thought I'd jump on the tour because I saw the group. We went places that I've never been and I learned things that I never knew, usually I'm the tour guide when people visit. It was really great!

Visited December 2012
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
“Excellent Introduction to Sydney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I wanted to find this tour on tripadvisor to review it because considering it is free it was a fantastic tour to get to know the city and its sights.
It wasnt a great day weather wise but the tour still had about 20 odd people on it which was more than I expected but (I think it was Kate, if not, Sarah?) made herself heard, stopped for traffic noise and was friendly in a one to one chat while on the move.

The tour takes on many sights from shopping areas to areas of historical interest and finally finishing under the bridge.

Considering everything in Sydney is so expensive a free tour is a great way to spend a few hours. A tip is optional but it is well deserved.

Hereford, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
“Good introduction to Sydney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

A must for all Sydney visitors so that you can go back and spend more time at your favourite place.
We have visited Sydney a few times but never knew about this trip until a few days ago so decided to give it a go. It was very informative and Kate, the guide was good at her job and answered other questions not related to the tour.
Will definitely do the sister tour in Melbourne in a couple of weeks.
Was suprised at the end that some people did not contribute - maybe they did want the "Free Tour" - good job not everybody does this or the poor girl would be working for nothing.

Visited December 2012