“Free 3 hour escorted walking tour of Sydney City visiting interesting landmarks.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of I'm Free Tours of Sydney

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 270 Tours & Activities in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Sydney, on a Free Tour at 10:30am and 2:30pm everyday. Join your friendly and knowledgeable local tour guide as we reveal the history, stories and secrets of Sydney. This 3 hour easy walking tour meets everyday at the anchor in Town Hall Square beside the Sydney Town Hall building. Rain, hail or shine, no booking needed, just show up and there will be a guide in a bright green T-shirt to show you around.How are we Free? We work on a tips only basis, so everyone can enjoy Sydney as much as we do, whatever your budget.
Newport Gwent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

My wife and I cannot thank 'Evan' our Tour guide (of 'I'm Free ') enough for introducing us to Sydney Australia.
He was a true ambassador for his country, with a deep passion for the role he undertook.
Anyone intending to visit Sydney and see the sights, would be well advised to use this tour at the very least to familiarise themselves with this amazing city.
We certainly did and found our return visits so beneficial.

'Evan' was clear and concise using occasional humour as he escorted us at a liesurely pace through city streets,buildings and parks stopping to point out and explain interesting landmarks from around the time the first convicts arrived to present date.
He was always willing to answer questions of our group which on occasions could prove rather testing.
Here is the website link http://www.imfree.com.au/

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New Zealand
“O for ORSUM!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

This really is a FREE tour - there are NO strings attached! But in saying that we were so impressed that we tipped Claire our fabulous tour guide 4 x $10 each at the end which was SOOO worth it!!!
The tour begins by meeting at 10.30am at the huge anchor by Town Hall opposite Woolworths. Once a group has gathered you head off on a 3 hour wander all over Sydney. It sounds like a long time and we were unsure whether we would cope (being really unfit!) but it was a comfortable pace and we were surprized at the end at the distance we had actually covered. If you are unsure if you will enjoy it, being free, if u dont want to continue at any stage, you just drop out - no probs - nothing lost :)
We were really glad we took the advice on this website and did this on the 1st morning of our trip - kinda gives you a feel for the city and the layout so you can revisit the places you liked best. Really cool hearing about the history of the place - not at all boring. Claire was a bundle of energy and made it interesting and funny too!!! Also great photo opportunities for the Bridge and Opera House to be had.
Main advice would be to take a bottle of water and comfortable walking shoes.
Do this - it's worth it!!! And c'mon people - IT'S FREE!!!!!

Holland, Michigan
“Only one day in the city, No problem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

Wonderfully informative. A great way to hit all the highlights of the city if you only have a day. Charming guide too!

High Seas
“No tricks, it's free, and very worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

It's a great walking tour of Sydney, giving you a good overview of where to go and what to do. There's even a map with tons of free activities included. A great way to spend your first few hours in the city, or even your only few hours in the city.

Melbourne, Australia
“Absolutely worthwhile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Me and my friend Theresa are always looking for free stuff. That doesn't neccessarily mean it's great. This free tour however is absolutely wonderful! You get a lot of background information and a preview of things you can also do while you're around.
I really enjoyed walking around Sydney, even though it made my feet hurt. BUT I do not regret it at all. Absolutely worth my time! I would recommend it to everyone who plans on hopping one of those tourist busses. Save your money, people. Spend a larger tip on the guys from the I'm Free Tours.