“Best coffee in the world. Beats Italy, Spain, London and rest of Sydney.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bacco

Bacco
Chifley Plaza | 2 Chifley Square, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
02 9223 9552
Improve this listing
Ranked #729 of 5,194 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Australian, Continental, Contemporary
London, United Kingdom
“Best coffee in the world. Beats Italy, Spain, London and rest of Sydney.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

This place is the only place that can make a decent flat white, in all the time I have been traveling between Europe and Sydney. Barista I salute you!

• Visited December 2012

“Best coffee in Sydney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular. I miss this when I don't go. It's got the best coffee and sweets around. Staff are lovely and attentive.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Amazing food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a 7 course dinner and it was absolutely amazing. The restaurant is very cosy and romantic. The food was delicious and the staff were quick and extremely helpful. Highly recommended!

Sydney
“Just Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My girlfriend purchased a groupon voucher for two for the 7 course degustation. We arrived at a very pretty little restaurant where we walked in past the chef making fresh pasta in the open kitchen. We were seated at the bar with a delicious aperitif. The staff were just lovely & all 7 courses were tasty & beautifully presented. I will be coming back for more.

• Visited March 2013
Kelowna, BC
“Adequate meal, friendly service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Before coming from Canada we purchased a Groupon to for a degustating (tasting) menu of an aperitif, seven courses, and a digestif. The Groupon was a reasonable price for two meals out. We arrived at the restaurant very much the worse for wear after a day at the beach, and still dealing with jetlag. Our server was very pleasant and welcoming. He presented us with the set menu and explained that he would bring the courses one after the other. We began with the aperitif, a spritzer of a type with wine (I think) and grapefruit juice. Very refreshing. All the courses were very small, most were tasty. My favourites were the chicken salad primavera and octopus dish minus the octopus! My companion's favourites were the bruschetta and the pork medallions. Dessert was also a hit. The digestif was limoncello which was too sweet for both of us. The Groupon stated that this menu was a $167 value and I would never have paid anything like that much money for the food we ate tonight. It was worth what we paid for it - we did not feel ripped off. Probably, we would not return. But the service was excellent.

• Visited February 2013