“Absolutely appalling service...” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian
Sydney, Australia
“Absolutely appalling service...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I went to this restaurant after swearing I'd never do it again as a result of a previous visit where they kept us waiting for over an hour for our food, which never actually showed up. Not only did they misplace our order, they were grumpy with us for walking out and wanted us to pay for the lukewarm coffees we had be served for the wait.

I took my brothers who were visiting from Tasmania. We asked for a table for four, and the waitress was very huffy about having to push two tables together to accommodate our request. To be honest, this should have been when we walked out but we were hungry, so persisted.

We were served coffees fairly quickly by a polite waitress, who also took our order. She was nothing special, not friendly or welcoming, but took our order with no errors.

The staff looked as though they'd just rolled out of bed, were dressed appallingly and loudly complained about not being given tips ("even the non-australians out there didn't tip" was a precise, un-embelished quote.) The food was fine, but very ordinary. It's expensive for what it is, and is not a pleasant place to be if you want to be able to speak to your companions and enjoy your meal.

Absolutely horrendous, it really is shame on me though for giving them a second chance. Needless to say I will not be giving them a third and will make sure I tell anyone who will listen about our experiance!

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Moree, NSW
“Newtown cafe, good people watching, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

This cafe makes a really great Chai Latte using fresh spices with latte milk over it. My other fave is the scrambled eggs on amazing sourdough bread. Looking for naughty desserts? They make them onsite sticky date so rich you should share it, cheesecake and wonderful waffles.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere