Manly Sea Life Sanctuary - Shark Dive Xtreme
West Esplanade | Manly Sea Life Sanctuary, Sydney, New South Wales 2095, Australia
612 8251 7878
and up
Ranked #25 of 614 things to do in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving with sharks at Shark Dive Xtreme (inside Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary), is an exhilarating experience, and one of only a few experiences worldwide where you're guaranteed an underwater encounter with sharks. Our colony of Grey Nurse Sharks range in size from 1 to 3 metres, and when you do your shark dive with us, you get to enter their domain - without cages!
Sydney, Australia
36 attraction reviews
“Love this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have done this dive on 2 occasions and loved it both times. The 1st time was about 10 years ago and I not only learnt how to dive buy was doing it with Sharks. This happens to be one of the best things to do in Sydney.

Visited September 2013

United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
“Out of this world ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Always wanted to dive with sharks so finding this was a bonus!
Despite the price it was amazing. The guides were so helpful and patient with me as it was my first dive. They were so good as keeping em calm and reassured. The sharks were huge inside the tanks and swam inches from my face. Literally incredible. The mantarays were giant and ever so friendly. Continually coming up to me to say hello. Even had a visit from one of the giant turtles. Definitely a must do even if u can't swim, the guides will look after you every step of the way!

Sydney, Australia
“Excelent and very professional divers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Divers provide all safety procedures and are with you during the entire dive with the sharks and turtles, it's a fascinating experience and a mindset change on how to forsee sharks in the future!

Visited August 2014
Matthew S, Manager at Manly Sea Life Sanctuary - Shark Dive Xtreme, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Great to hear you felt safe and enjoyed you experience here at Shark Dive Xtreme Peter. Personally I am so happy to hear that we where able to provide a bit of an eye opener and alter your mindset on sharks, that is why many of the staff here choose to do what we do.

Thank you for going out of your way and taking the time to leave us some feedback, it is greatly appreciated. We hope we will see you again soon.

Matthew Small
Shark Dive Xtreme Supervisor

Feel free to contact me to discuss further at
matthew.small@merlinentertainments.com.au
Tweed Heads, Australia
“Very glad we visited.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Manly Sea life sanctuary is a lot smaller than Sydney Sealife, however I really enjoyed that about this aquarium. To start of it is located on the beach which was really beautiful, plus It is only a few minute walk from where you get off of the ferry. The tanks and set up of this place is beyond what I expected, they all clean and well presented. I thoroughly enjoyed visiting here and I liked the fact that it wasn't so busy that you could spend the time getting a good look at the aquariums and also talking to the friendly staff.

Visited July 2014
4 attraction reviews
“Great, not just for thrill seakers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I went with my husband, and was one of the best experiences we have done. The sharks are not dangerous, great instructors that make you feel safe and you go in a small group. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013