“DISGUSTING” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quest Potts Point

You added Quest Potts Point to your Saves list
Quest Potts Point
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Springfield Avenue, Sydney, New South Wales 2011, Australia   |
Ranked #113 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Lara, Victoria, Australia
“DISGUSTING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

After traveling 12 hours, all we wanted to do was check in & sleep.. Looking at the website and the photos, it was nothing like we had expected.. When we had FINALLY checked into our room, we walked into a dump. There was a leaking toilet, ripped and stained carpet, stained bedding, an uncomfortable bed to even sit on & the customer service was DISGRACEFUL.
We ended up leaving, yet even though all we did was walk in and walk out, they still took $199 from my $200 to cover "some" of the room for the night & tried to take my $1,800 which it would have cost for THREE nights, but after raising my voice & disputing it, they didn't.. We ended up spending the first day in a car sleeping, after driving 12 hours..
I was disgusted. I felt dirty. And the photos definitely lie!

Room Tip: Avoid it completely
Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
QuestPottsPoint, Manager at Quest Potts Point, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Kylie K

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of Quest Potts Point.
I was disappointed to learn of your negative experience and encourage you to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this matter further.

With a very recent change in ownership of the business, we are working very hard to re-establish the high standards for which the Quest brand is known. We have come a long way in a short period and appreciate all feedback, especially that which may not be complimentary, in order that we may continuously improve.

Due to the Naval Fleet Review event, over the weekend in question, the hotel was fully booked and special event rates did apply. Regrettably this did mean there was no alternative room to offer you when you highlighted the issues with the room you were assigned. Obviously the standard you experienced is unacceptable and I will also be following up with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure any issues you have raised are appropriately reviewed and addressed.

Our Reception hours are from 7am until 11pm, with overnight security between 11pm and 7am. Regrettably, due to the late hour of your arrival, our usual customer service team were not present to respond to your feedback. I will certainly be following up with our Security team as to why this incident was not reported or recorded.

Kylie K, thank you once again for your feedback. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Quest Potts Point, in order that you experience the true standard of product and service on which we pride ourselves.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We planned a weekend stay in Sydney at the very last minute and booked a petite studio at Quest. Because it was so last minute and most others were booked out, we didn't expect much. Was pleasantly surprised by the service and decor. Not bad for the value at all.

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at Quest Potts Point for three nights while in Sydney for a conference. My room was spacious, though my colleague complained his room was very small and he said mine was much bigger - it may help to see the room first since there seems to be such a difference. But neither my bathroom nor his had shower curtains, so taking a shower meant a very wet bathroom (there was not tub, just a standing shower). There are no services so there is nothing much to report there. It wasn't much worth the $140/night. There are nicer places for cheaper in that exact vicinity.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel demanded a pre-authorisation on my card of $200 - which is fair enough and pretty standard. But instead of merely taking an impression of my card or a pre-authorisation, they actually charged me $200 and now refuse to inform the bank that I'm due a refund - which would take a week to process anyway.

In the meantime, I'm left with no spending money on my holiday in Australia.

Thanks Quest, for ruining my holiday.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Well the picture looks good and perhaps some of the rooms are good, I've only stayed here once and won't again.
My room the petite suite smelt overpoweringly of stale fried cooking. One overhead light flickered all night and the bedside light didn't work at all.
The bed was so poorly made I felt like the princess and the pea!
The blinds were grubby and the brown carpet sticky.
A small bottle of water was $4 and the bathroom was so tiny a medium sized person will struggle.
Worth a $150 for the night - no way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed here having refused to spend a night at Holiday Inn Darling Harbour (see previous review) and found this to be a gem!!! I was given Room # 468 which is small studio with a shared terrace looking back to the Sydney skyline.
Only gripes would be that carpets could do with a clean and the shower room is a bit small - that said the overall accommodation and access to a shared terrace / balcony is great.
I would have been more than happy to spend a few nights here on holiday.
Not the most salubrious area but hey!
Enthusisatic staff and a really good find!!!!

Room Tip: # 468 is lovely and is pictured on the website
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

One night in a petite room for one traveler.

Check in/out: Check in was easy, as was check out. Provided with a late checkout, and my bags were stored for when I needed them. The receptionist also assisted with the bags, massive bonus.

Room: 109, petite suite. I requested a high floor, away from lift, got ground floor, closest to lift. Worked out fine in the end, but it definitely felt like I was given the cheapest room through booking a rate externally. Room smelled a bit (the microwave?) but was otherwise fine. Tiny room, but as a single traveler for one night that wasn't a problem. Bathroom decent size though, so definite points for that. Plenty of power points. No cable TV unfortunately.

Facilities: Didn't use anything.

Location: Right off Kings Cross - bit of a skeevy location, but I was prepared for that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quest Potts Point? Share your experiences!