“Extortionate- come here for a drink at the bar, but not for a meal” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Summit Restaurant Orbit Lounge Bar

The Summit Restaurant Orbit Lounge Bar
264 George St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (City Centre)
(02) 9247 9777
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: City Centre
Sydney, Australia
“Extortionate- come here for a drink at the bar, but not for a meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to come for maybe one drink and the spectacular view, however should you wish to eat here, be prepared to pay!

There is a compulsory minimum two course meal, with small entrees averaging 25-30 dollars and mains 35 to 50 dollars. Add in a couple of drinks each and you're looking at $100 a head for what is quite nice, but not particularly fantastic, fare.

The view is great but would be just as good over a drink followed by a better meal for a quarter of the price.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
“Crappy birthday to me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Having been to Summit before for dinner and craving tapas for a long time, I called a week ahead of my birthdy to secure a table for 8 and was told they don't take bookings but that we "should be right" to just rock up.

Half an hour before arriving, my husband rang ahead and confirmed if there was enough room in the Tapas Lounge and a lady named Mary assured us that there was.

So we found a park, arrived at Summit and joined a queue of about 30 people trying to get up the lift. We were asked if we were on the guest list and then informed the restaurant was booked out for a function. We were also informed that there was no Tapas Lounge and that all the webs sites on google were outdated.

We asked the lady why on both occasions that we had called, had we not been informed there was not a tapas place when we had been inquiring about one, and why we had been informed not half an hour prior there was plenty of space, and no mention of a booked-out function. She asked who we spoke to and we said "Mary" and she informed us no one worked there by that name...... Not 2 metres away from her was the concierge desk with a lady named "Mary" standing they answering phones ......

So we were sent away with empty bellies and $30 in parking fees for nothing.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“A night to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband took me there to propose to me so I don't remember much about the food or anything else.
Nice views of the world's most beautiful city.

Sydney, Australia
“One of the worst dining experiences”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I went for lunch for my birthday. It was a Friday. The service was disjointed, and
"Faulty Towers" like! The food average. My husband never sends a dish back, but on this instance the "seared calves liver" was like a leather boot! The cocktails unbalanced and over sweet. The atmosphere for a Friday lunch was flat as was the greyish decor. When we left not one person was around to say goodbye. There are way more fabulous restaurants in Sydney that
deserve a visit before this one.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“My fav place in Sydney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I absolutely love the Summit! Amazing views! First class service & of course amazing food! The beef was succulent! Pork Belly was divine! & the deserts were a work of art!

If your short of time or cash, just go up to the Orbit lounge for a drink, its the perfect place to unwind above the city!