“Casual afterwork dining” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Casual afterwork dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've now been twice to the restaurant both times using a voucher. Its always busy, probably because of the other diners using vouchers, and for the value we paid the food was good. The sea food platter for 2 was huge and could have fed the 3 of us without having to order additional food - really we had far too many chips ! The squid is tender, the fish, having removed the batter tasty with some of the sparse tartar sauce, but a squeeze of lemon cuts through everything nicely. As a venue close to work, of reasonable value and open air its not a bad place to go. The only problem was inexperienced waitstaff whose command and pronunciation of English wasn't great. She also practiced my pet hate of filling our large wine glasses almost to the brim - but you can't be too fussy when using a voucher.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sydney
“A pleasant experience and good value with a voucher!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Our voucher got us 3 seafood platters and 3 bottles of wine @ $129 (as opposed to $415) which fed all 8 of us so definitely good value for money!

Lobster and scallop mornay was nice (if u like a thick mornay sauce) and the soft shell crab was nicely crunchy.

Pleasant evening out though given its largely an open area, would hate to visit on a cold and/or rainy night.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Penrith, Australia
“Another clogged artery with every bite”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had my first Groupon experience which was the FRIED Seafood Platter with a bottle of wine that was probaly not good enough to make the shelves of any self respecting wine merchant.
Service was amiable although the young lady had trouble comprehending english. Asked if fish could be grilled and she went away to check , came back and said yes thats ok. Fish came out fried with the rest of the stodge which is not freshly prepared. Chips were luke warm, salad is drowned in dressing, chef wouldn`t know a Lobster Mornay if it bit him.At no stage were we asked if all was ok , our departure was met with silence.
If you have a Groupon voucher and can get your money back, do it !!!!
Even Gordon Ramsey couldn`t rescue this place !!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Good food, OK service, odd exit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The food was good -- Eggs Benedict for a late breakfast. The service was OK while there -- slow to serve coffee and other beverages. A rain storm moved in while there and we decided to extend the stay by ordering a second beverage and some more food. People arrived during the rain storm and were turned away because the restaurant had "closed". The way they were turned away was unsettling given the downpour and the effort people made to get over to the restaurant. Additionally, when the staff wanted to go we were hurried out in a manner that was uncomfortable and odd. Frankly, it was a sour ending to an otherwise pretty good breakfast. Not sure I will hurry back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
port macquarie
“Don't believe everything you read”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went here with some trepidation as we had read some of the reviews but as I had a coupon I didn't want to waste it. Well we had a pleasant surprise. The lobster was tasty as were our scallops. The fish, soft shell crab and salt & pepper squid were enjoyable. Possibly my only comment would be change the oil a bit more frequently .... saw the colour when I used the facilities as you walk past the kitchen and as I have been in the business it looked a little dark. We had the red wine, I know it should be white with seafood but I can't drink white, and it was a reasonable blend very drinkable.Would I go again? Yes and I would recommend it to my friends

• Visited February 2013