“Fantastic Photography Around The Rocks and Gardens In Sydney” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 415 Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn Digital Photography from a professional photographer as you explore the technical capabilities of your camera and unlock your creativity. Make the best shots from the best spots and gain the confidence to take home memorable and picture perfect postcard photos of your travel photography.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Photography Around The Rocks and Gardens In Sydney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Alfonso Calero's photography tours are a must. If you enjoy photography then you'll find the time with Alfonso a great learning experience. I did 2 tours in Sydney and plan to do more when I go back at the end of the year. Highly, highly recommended.

Visited July 2013

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“A fun, educational and rewarding morning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had a great day! Alfonso took us on a walking through the Rocks, which as Sydney-siders for 20+ years we were quite impressed with the number of little places he took us to that we didn't know existed. The day was structured to slowly ramp up with photographic skills and creative experiments. We covered lines, depth of field, tone, low light indoors, high speed outdoors, and plenty more. As someone who studied photography a long time ago back in uni, I felt it was a great refresher on how and why you use various manual controls, and how to get the effect you are going for. Coming from more of a technical background, it was nice to have a the creative challenges and think more about what I actually wanted to photograph.

An easy way to learn more about your camera, have fun seeing more of sydney, and certainly a great way to learn more about photography! Highly recommended for locals and travellers alike

Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic Learning Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I attended one of Alfonso's City & Seascape tours in early April, which included a night shoot at Milson's point then an early morning start at Mona Vale Beach. The night shoot was fun down by the Harbour Bridge and Luna Park, Alfonso showed us all the settings in Full Manual Mode (no Auto setting allowed here!) to get the correct exposure in low light and how to "paint with light". The next morning was a very early start (5:30am) but totally worth it. We met at Mona Vale beach and took some beautiful sunrise shots around the beach bath, once again Alfonso dishing out all the technical knowledge you could possibly absorb, correct use of iso, shutter speed and aperture, and how to use grad filters and composition tips. We had two hours shooting followed by a two hour editing session using Lightroom at a nearby cafe.

I was so impressed with Alfonso's knowledge and teaching ability that I booked him for a private Portrait Workshop in Centennial Park where I learnt to how to achieve beautiful shots with gorgeous backlighting and the use of reflectors, composition and posing tips. This was followed by an editing session using Lightroom.

Alfonso also conducts small group photography tours to Spain, the Philippines, Japan and Tasmania. I'm hoping to attend one of these in the future as I can only imagine how much my photography would improve with a trip dedicated purely to photography.

I highly recommend Sydney Photography Tours if you love photography and want a fun, informative learning experience at an affordable price.

Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
12 attraction reviews
“One morning in Sydney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

This was a great start to my brief stay over in Sydney. A great morning tour learning some history of the rocks area as well as learning basic and intermediate functions of the modern dslr camera. Having only recently migrated to this format I found Alfonso brilliant in his simple methods to convey his obvious love of his craft. Anyone either leaving on holiday, or arriving for a holiday and a keen amateur photographer, this is for you. Will carry my tip cards always as a reference. I also took the opportunity to read Alfonso's e-book on the flight over which is an extension of the tip cards and also a usefully reference in its own right. Thanks Alfonso for a Greta morning tour and I look forward to my next visit and a night tour.

Visited April 2013
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Photo workshop : Sydney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had recently found Alfonso's photography tour website and after talking with him I have booked on the Japan trip for later in the year. Alfonso said he would like to meet me prior to going on the trip and after saying I would be in Sydney on holidays, he arranged a night shoot and morning shoot to suit my travel dates. The shoots involved just two students, excellent tuition ratio, and Alfonso. The night shoot was 3 hours and we shot from the Milson Point area after meeting at Luna Park. The instruction was very relaxed, with an emphasis on what we wanted to achieve. This was a challenge as I have generally looked back at results, rather than set out to produce something I have pre visualised.
The morning shoot had us up in the dark and out to the northern beaches in time for the beautiful pre dawn light. We shot long exposures of rolling waves and action stopping shots of waves exploding on the rocks. All with Alfonso instructing us on how we might best achieve our goal.
Finally we went locally to a cafe for breakfast and edited our shots. I had been using Lightroom 4 for a while, but with Alfonso help my editing has move to the next level. A couple of my photos are on Alfonso's Facebook page from this shoot. Thankyou Alfonso, looking forward to learning more, cheers Kev

Visited March 2013