“Excellent company and Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Activity Tours Australia

Activity Tours Australia
George St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (City Centre)
61-2-4227-9902
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$87*
and up
Ranked #45 of 415 Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Silver Award in 2011 NSW State Tourism Awards!Award Winner Hunter Valley tourism awards 2010 and 2011!Finalist Blue Mountains Tourism awards 2010 and 2011!Family owned small group Sydney day tours to the Hunter Valley wine region and the spectacular Blue Mountains National Park. See Koalas, Kangaroos and the amazing Three Sisters. Savour many different wine varieties. Great value and friendly small group tours and now also fantastic half day Sydney Sights tours.Groups and tailored charters are our specialty. Visit the website for your complete needs.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent company and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I took both the Hunter Valley and Blue Mountain day tours. The trips were great. The small shuttle bus picked me up at my hotel and was on time as advertised. Both Ray and Steve were both very friendly and courteous tour guides. I would highly recommend booking tours with this company.

Brisbane, Australia
“Hunter Valley Wineries 20 March 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Our driver was Mark. Being in our 60's we couldn't have had a better choice. Mark had the right blend of information, interaction and personal qualities to ensure all of his passengers had a remarkable experience. There were 9 of us in the group - 4 couples and a single. Whilst the coach has a capacity of double that, it made the day more relaxed for us all. We visited 3 wineries, cheese shop and had a lovely lunch at Oscars. On an amusing note, at the first winery we visited, we bought a mixed dozen bottles of wine which made it home to Brisbane before we even got back there the next day. Thank you Mark for a lovely day. Michael and Catherine.

“Tour of Blue Mauntains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We took the bus tour to the Blue Mountains and had a good experience. Nigel, the bus driver commented about the area, the history and the people throughout the trip. What impressed us most was that he lead a hike to the Katoomba Falls. A beautiful hike albeit somewhat strenuous.
This was beyond our expectations and a welcome part of the trip.

Melbourne, Australia
“Lots of fun with Nigel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our tour guide Nigel was very informative and very nice. I personally enjoyed his blunt remarks and the fact that he got to know everyone on the tour and he spoke to everyone on the bus to make sure we were all having a fantastic time. Which we did.

san diego, ca
“Activity Tours w/ Nigel = nightmare tour”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Blue Mountains are epic and beautiful. I highly recommend this attraction. However Nigel the guide from Activity Tours was unfortunately the most disorganized and blatantly burnt out tour guide I've experienced. (I've loved my many tours all through South American, Bali, HI, etc. so I draw upon many positive tour experiences w/ trust worthy guides.)

Nigel missed his chance to be a radio DJ so he talked incessantly into a speakers above our heads for over an hour - which would have been OK I guess but his choice of topic was never about the Blue Mountains, wildlife or history. We were forced to listen to his boring life, his wife's career choices, where he lived, etc.

Nigel was confused most of the time about where and when we were going to do our activities. He didn't show up on time when he said he would do a pick up. I didn't feel safe in his tour bus. Nigel was negative and complained about how stupid tourists are as we drove around for 30minutes to over 4 pick up sites in the city - early morning. During our drive to the mountains Nigel tried to up sell us on a package lunch or we could eat lunch at local places. He got very upset as soon as he realized that myself and another girl weren't wanting the lunch up-grade restaurant option (owners of restaurant r his friends & he get's kick backs). He singled us out - repeating our names on the loud speaker, 'so Nicole and Sarah are not eating lunch with the group, we will have to figure out how to pick Sara and Nicole up since they are not going to be eating w/ the group.' Sarah fell into pure pressure…then he singled me out over the loud speaker. 'Now our schedule is going to be confusing as Nicole has chosen to not pay extra to eat at the restaurant I suggested'…He tried to turn the group against me when I addressed the issue. I was direct, polite and nice to him "Nigel please stop talking about how I'm the only one not eating w/ the grp I feel uncomfortable'. I asked him again 20minutes later to stop as he was still talking incessantly about it. He then purposefully ostracized me and was extremely rude.

He didn't give us much a of a tour other than to tell us where he lived and about how he and his wife met. I know more about this personal life than Blue Mountains. NOBODY cared to know about his boring personal life! (NObody appreciated him trying to upsell us on a restaurant where he is friends w/ the owner.) Worst tour I've never taken. This guy needs to retire, he is not safe, and at best he is burnt out.

Visited February 2014
ActivityManager, Owner at Activity Tours Australia, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback. We sincerely apologise for the negative experiences that you had on the day.

Our local guides get to know many of the owners of places which previous tours have enjoyed and so each has their own suggestions to choose from at lunch time. They do not receive kick backs for these recommendations, but you should not feel pressured into a particular choice and for this we apologise again and will seek to avoid this in the future.

Nigel's unscripted tour commentary is the source of much entertainment. He is very experienced and knowledgeable of the Blue Mountains, travel, and Australian culture in general and tries to share as much as possible, and is usually very informative as described in many other reviews. Our tour guides tailor the tour itinerary where they can to maximise sightseeing opportunities and adapt to delays and traffic conditions throughout the day. We will work to ensure that this is more consistent and positive across all future tours.

Once more, we are very sorry for your negative tour experiences, and hope that you still were able to take home some great memories of the spectacular Blue Mountains scenery, wildlife, and your fellow travelers.

Brad (owner)