Having read very positive reviews I decided to stay here en route from Sydney to Brisbane. I was very much impressed with everything from the service to the quality of accommodation. I arrived with two young children weary from the journey and jumped straight into the very clean and nicely warm pool. Room was spotless and was a nice meeting of retro decor, comfy beds and mod cons (strong wifi signal and good digital TV). Proprietor was charming and friendly and his recommendation of simple but tasty pizza restaurant (Lakiss Jetty Pizza) was a huge hit with me and two hungry kids. There was a toaster and kettle in the room but no microwave so may not suit those planning to cater for themselves here. I was slightly concerned, on arrival in our ground level room beside reception, that proximity to the highway would mean disturbance from traffic noise but I heard nothing and we enjoyed a very peaceful and comfortable night's sleep. I have stayed at equally clean and comfortable motels but the retro furnishing, chilled ambience and peerless service give the Matador an edge over the competition. I look forward to staying here in future and would recommend to others without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Matador Motor Inn has been operating continuously for more than 40 years and been a home away from home in Coffs Harbour for thousands of guests. In fact the Matador is one of the most popular stop-overs for travellers on the Pacific Highway travelling between Sydney and Brisbane. We have completed numerous refurbishments so now more than ever the Matador is a fabulous choice if you are looking for boutique style motel accommodation. You can enjoy a stay in clean and comfortable rooms. We offer a choice of room configurations: from premium queen and king rooms to twin and family room options. All rooms offer comfortable beds, quality interiors and amenities, LED TVs, Foxtel, ipod docking stations, Lanovera personal products, a tea and coffee larder with quality supplies, toaster, kettle, iron and ironing board and private dining space. All rooms face due north and upper level offers district views. Select family rooms offer a private balcony. We offer an outdoor pool and guest lounge to relax and enjoy as well as a quality, in-room breakfast package. Select pet-friendly rooms are also available, but regretfully we only accept small dogs 10kg and under. Not only is the Matador a regular choice for holidaymakers, it is also very popular with business travellers. We offer free WIFI, a desk area for your laptap or tablet and lounge access. Regular corporate clients are also eligible for special corporate rates so please make inquiries with our friendly team. The Matador provides off street and undercover parking but we must limit parking to one car per room.We wish you safe travels! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Matador Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matador Hotel Coffs Harbour
- Matador Motel Coffs Harbour