“Fabulous Place To Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments

Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments
You added Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments to your Saves list
Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   8 Prince Street, Coffs Harbour, New South Wales 2450, Australia   |
Newcastle, Australia
“Fabulous Place To Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

This is a great place to stay. Has everything =- very comfortable and the owners are very friendly and helpful. Strongly recommend

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cobar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

We travelled for 10 hours to get to Coffs Harbour and were greeted with lovely service, the room was exceptionally clean, well furnished, modern with facilities matching my own home! They even bought me chocolates for my Birthday, now that's service!!! Can definitely recommend, absolute value for money.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
tamworth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

Right from booking in, I was made to feel unwelcome, was grilled about my age, 19, even though my age was taken when I booked, I was "read the riot act" as they put it. They first thing the husband owner of the apartments said to me was that if he'd of known my age they wouldn't of let me book. Their excuse for not wanting us there was that they had to kick a football team out from the same town we were from. So because footballers, who are notoriously idiotic in their behaviour, misbehaved, they tar everyone with the same brush. They also went into our room when we were gone not to clean, but to turn the air conditioner on and open the curtains, the reason the curtains were closed was because I had my laptop in the room and didn't want people to be able to see that there was a laptop there from outside. I needed to send a report off for work by 5 o'clock I checked in at 4 and then went back to reception at 4 20, to ask about connecting to their advertised internet, they wouldn't come and serve me even though I could here them just behind the door behind the reception desk and they have a camera in reception to show when people are waiting, so i missed the deadline. I came back later and was rudely told that the internet wasn't working because they hadn't connected it to my room, and i had to pay ten dollars per day for it to be connected. then i was interrorogated as to what i would be using the internet for, making sure that i would only be using it for emails. Me and my mates were perfectly behaved throughout our weekend stay. We even followed their rule of letting them know if we would be having any visitors during the day, we let the husband know that another mate and his two kids were coming to meet us at our apartment to walk to the beach, the wife then had a go at one of us that was actually staying there, then when she found out from her husband that we did let him know, she came and apologised to me, but not to the one she told off. when we checked out my mate told them we were unhappy with the service, they dismissed it by saying that she had to point out the no jumping in the pool sign, and that he should try doing this job for 7 years, then walked off without it really being resolved. Well there was no one else in the pool at the time and the sign was not easily seen. As for the 7 years in the job, it's no excuse, it the HOSPITALITY industry, and if they can't do their job they should quit!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
chha, Owner at Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
Thank you for your review Caleb – it gives us the opportunity to promote the way our property operates publicly and will hopefully avoid any further inappropriate bookings.
Firstly I am a little disappointed that even though you admitted in your private email that your accusation regarding us entering your apartment when you were not there was untrue, you still see fit to publish it on this website – I only hope you will be honest enough to amend your review. Secondly, if you were so upset why didn’t you approach us at the time – you sent your mate to take on my wife then waited until you were comfortably home behind your computer screen before you began your onslaught of nasty emails ?
This property has a “no sporting groups (except senior golfers and bowlers), no schoolies and no singles groups” policy. When you go to our website and check on availability you are clearly advised of this. Unfortunately when you booked we were in Newcastle visiting our daughter in law in hospital and the relief managers did not advise you of the policy. You were informed on arrival that we you to behave whilst on the property – you agreed and did not hear another word on the matter until you had your mate approach my wife on leaving – then your email – funny you never said you were upset to me ?
You checked in at 15.35 – then the security camera has you leaving almost immediately. You say you came to the office at 4.20pm – peculiar – your car hasn’t yet returned? When you were walking in and out of the office for so long, did you notice the “OFFICE” sign just below the bell with the light in it? Did you not notice the second bell on the reception counter with the sign “Ring for attention if office unattended”. Yet you blame us for your report being submitted late! I guess as you didn’t see the 2 “no bombing” signs in the pool area that you actually have a reading disability. Maybe we need to produce our signs in machine language, you know the 8 bit byte punch cards – oh that’s right – you are only 19.
Two weeks before your stay we had another 19 year old University sponsored student stay with us – he ignored all the documents setting out internet usage restriction and ran up a $14,400 excess usage bill for us to pay after he checked out – may be that explains why we make sure you understand the usage guidelines.
We have signs saying “all visitors report to reception”. We have security cameras, security lights and alarms on the driveway to ensure the only people on the property are people who should be on the property. How would you have felt Caleb if someone had broken in to your apartment and stolen you precious laptop? Unfortunately thieves tend to target holiday premises know people are relaxed about security as they are on holidays. The property has never had a break in since we have been here. That is because we make a point of knowing who is on the property and possible criminals are excluded. 99% of our customers appreciate the measures we take to ensure their security and right to quiet enjoyment of the property features.
In Summary Caleb, Vicki and I have owned this property for over 8 years. We work 365 days and nights per year to make sure we offer the best service possible to the majority of our customers. We have ploughed most of the money we have made over this period back in to the property and we are in a position where we are able to select who we wish to stay on our property. So, please continue to advise your friends not to stay with us as we only want mature seniors and nice families enjoying our facilities, not 19 year old unsupervised children. Yes, we are in the hospitality business – not the baby sitting business. And no, we cannot just quit, this is not a job with a weekly pay packet, this is our life and we will not walk away from a 2 million + dollar investment just because we have a couple of unsavory customers from time to time.
After all, 67% of our business consists of repeat customers so we must not be all that bad – as other feedback testifies.
Thanks you again for your feedback.
Fairfield NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I have told friends to visit this place. We didn't book, we just went looking as we it was 7pm there were a row of placed but we looked no further after this one. Vicki offered to show us a room. I found it hard to get out of the heated pool. Well thought of extras like a tub near the shower to put your wet swimmers in, tiles from the door to the shower, a portable clothes line and lots more....

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

We have stayed at Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments on several occasions and would highly recommend it, the owners Vicki and Jim are very friendly and helpful, the apartments are very nice and the whole complex is clean and kept immaculate, it has everything you could need, and is close to everything- beach, shops,clubs etc, we just love it and can't wait for our next trip which we have already booked, this place is a gem!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
chha, Owner at Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, December 29, 2009
Thanks you again for your feedback.
Blue Mountains
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Everything about our stay at Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments was a lovely experience. Vicki and Jim Hardaker made our stay very comfortable and we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

The apartments are in a great spot and close in distance to the beach. Although not ultra modern, this more than made up for by the fact Vicki & Jim run them and make the apartments feel like a home away from home.

Vicki & Jim were willing to assist with any queries that we had and were very helpful during our stay there.

My friend and I have already re-booked our accommodation again there and would recommend it to other people, for a quiet, relaxing place to stay with friendly people who run it.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!