“Fine dining, great ambience but not for me” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Fine dining, great ambience but not for me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've dined at this restaurant twice now. On both occasions I've enjoyed the evening but this isn't my favourite choice of restaurants.

The service at Courgette is always 5 star & so is the ambience. If you enjoy seafood and you're after a romantic evening out, this is the place to go.

The last time my partner & I dined here was for our 13th wedding anniversary. My husband loves seafood & this restaurant is one of his favourites, however I don't eat seafood so I found the menu had very limited choices.

If you like seafood you will love this restaurant. If you don't eat seafood I'd recommend you check the menu out first before making a booking here.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sydney
“Deserving of its #1 fine dining reputation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had a wonderful dining experience at this elegant hatted restaurant. Everything integrated together from the quality of the attentive service from wait staff, the intimate low-key contemporary design with its unusual ceiling and walled garden with the japanese maple tree, but especially the design artistry of Chef Mussillon in presenting his cuisine. The four-course prix fixe menu currently at $80 was amazing to see presented, to appreciate for its design artistry and then to taste. Top marks especially for the Jamon iberico first course... but everything was at the same outstanding level.

What a gem to find - don't miss this opportunity when you want to be pampered ... gastronomically.

• Visited November 2013
Canberra
“fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I rarely dine out at fine-dining restaurants and was a little nervous making a debut appearance at Courgette.

Thankfully, I was dining among friends for a birthday. We had the cellar booked which is a private function room located in a room with nothing but wine.

Then the courses begun to arrive. I ordered from the 4 course menu; the rainbow trout, the tuna, the beef cheek and the chocolate jaffa ganache.

All dishes were amazing. Service could have been a little more attentive but perhaps with the waiter's lack of knowledge of the wines, he may have been new. Would love to return and order from a-la-carte.

• Visited September 2013
Canberra, Australia
“Best Fine Dining in Canberra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We continue to return to Courgette for special occasions. Portion size was good and the food is delicious. A very enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Fab 25th Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We reassembled our wedding party for our 25th Anniversary and had dinner at Courgette. It was fabulous. We had the four courses - each and every one was outstanding. Service was great - attentive but not intrusive. Loved it!