“Yum!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Canberra, Australia
“Yum!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

My sister took me here for my birthday and I was very pleasantly surprised. I'm not usually a huge fan of Indian food but after eating here I definitely want to go back for more! I even shared some curries with my vegetarian sister without wondering where the meat was!!!

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

canberra
“Authenitc Indian food in Canberra with lovely host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

My husband and I have just returned from dining at Ruchi South Inidan restaurant in Belconnen. It has been 6 years since we were here, visiting from interstate and we finally found it again. Being only in Canberra for an overnight stay we were determined to find it again ..and we did. This time it has been lovingly refurbished and we met our lovely hostess Rita, who with her sister helped us choose a beautiful meal from appetisers, dosais and a curry.
Wonderful flavours, well cooked and authentic Inidan - in fact it has to be our best Indian we have come across. On a Wednesday evening, there were many diners, in fact over 50% were Indian families. We paid $80 for two, including drinks.
I had my copy of the latest Gourmet Traveller restaurants that had been reviewed, but stuck to our memories and chose Ruchi instead.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere