“Overnighter” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden City Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden City Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden City Hotel
4.5 of 5 Motel   |   55 Jerrabomberra Avenue | Narrabundah, Canberra 2603, Australia   |
Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Canberra
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Overnighter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I stayed one night mid week for business. The room was very clean & tidy and quiet, exactly what I needed to work into the night. Room service was excellent (although expensive), and the staff very friendly and helpful. this is definitely on top of my list for accommodation in Canberra. I will be back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ArionHotels1, Sales & Marketing Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
Dear Andrew,

Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to Canberra. We have a fantastic Corporate Rates Program for our regular business guests; please do not hesitate to drop me an email to ryan.deebank@arionhotels.com.au if I can assist in this regard.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

The staff were very friendly and very helpful the restaurant has great food and the German club next door is good for a meal too. Will definitely be staying here for all future trips to Canberra.
Very competitively priced.

Room Tip: Queen Executive overlooks the Pool

Dear Raider36,

I am pleased to see that you have found a new home here in Canberra. We appreciate your kind words and will share these with our staff.

Kind regards,
Bree, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Nice quiet hotel. Good breakfast (although not cheap). Rooms have everything you need. Only a short drive to the city center.
We didn't try the restaurant for dinner but there are several good restaurants south of the city center.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Alexander,

Thanks for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us at BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden City Hotel in Canberra.

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed in the hotel on a Sunday night. We booked two rooms as we were travelling with our parents. The rooms were clean and pleasant. Nice toiletries were in the room. The only downside of the hotel is that on a Sunday night the restaurant isn't open! and this includes room service. Unless you have a car to get food you would need to call a taxi or have food delivered. The hotel staff advised that the German Club next door had a dining room and was open. After taking a walk across (with the elderly parents) we found out the German Club was open, however the dining room is closed on a Sunday night. We returned to the hotel and explained it was closed and another staff member (with an attitude and tone) and advised to go back that it was open and that we could get at the Singapore banquet. I advised again, that we then phoned to check if it was opened and it was confirmed they are definitely closed. Again that staff member spoke to us and said it was open. I asked the staff member behind the counter for the Singapore buffet phone number. I called that phone number and was advised the restaurant had closed permanently!! This staff member then said to cross the road and walk to the golf club and have dinner there. After all the misinformation, and due to the rain, I asked for the phone number of the golf club. I phoned them to find out the golf club was also closed. I should mention that this was 6pm at night - when you expect restaurants to be open. The nicer of the two staff members than advised the only option was to order dinner to be delivered. The point of all this is at no time did the staff members offer to make these calls, I had to make them all my self. They weren't familiar with restaurant options close by and provided inaccurate information several times. While the room was clean I would definitely staff somewhere else where you have restaurant options.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jetpaddlers,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review here and providing us with this valuable feedback regarding your stay. Following your review, it seems that we have some areas that require attention in relation to our customer service levels and staff training.

I am very sorry to see that you have had this experience and I am confident that you will enjoy a much more satisfactory visit during your next stay.

Thanks again,
Penrith, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I travel for business quite a bit. The room, service, the restaurant and general presentation of the Best Western Garden City are all very good, and the price was also less than I expected for the standard of accommodation. I will definitely be staying there whenever I'm staying in Canberra.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ArionHotels1, Sales & Marketing Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Bruce H,

Thank you so much for choosing us during your recent business travel to Canberra. Offering a great value accommodation alternative is a priority for us and it is very rewarding for our entire team to read your review and know that we made such an impression.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Great hotel for a family trip. My son and I stayed here for a getaway to Canberra. The hotel is in a great spot, surprisingly close to the city and tourist attractions and the staff are very friendly. Dinner is great in either the hotel restaurant or the German Club next door and there are plenty of shopping and dining options close by. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Andrew S,

I am so pleased you found us to be the perfect place to stay for your visit to Canberra. We are so lucky to be in a great location; we offer easy access to the best tourist attractions, shopping and dining.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am thrilled that you would choose to stay with us again; our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back.

Safe travels,
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Nice clean rooms, with friendly staff. I stayed 3 nights and both reception and restaurant staff were friendly and helpful. I was pleasantly surprised when several staff carried over conversations from days previous, from a lady in the restaurant bringing me my preferred newspaper format, to the reception staff asking me whether I was going for a run that day. The options available for both breakfast and dinner were broad, and the food was good.

Dear Natalia,

Your review has brought smiles to our faces here at BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden City Hotel. We think our hotel is a fantastic place to stay in Canberra and our team genuinely want our guests to have a great experience.

If you return to Canberra again in the future, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.