“Very dissappointed with this property !” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra

You added Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra to your Saves list
Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 Northbourne Ave & Cnr Girrahween St | Act, Canberra 2601, Australia   |
Ranked #39 of 53 Hotels in Canberra
Melbourne, Australia
“Very dissappointed with this property !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Not the first time i have traveled to canberra on business but first time i have stayed here at the CEA based on what i had read on Trip advisor and also the slightly keener price offered.
the room was very clostraphobic and asked if they had another room as i was staying two nights on business the only other room available had recently been painted and so not suitable.i ended up staying in the room they use fro disabled customers.
the bed was very soft / squeaked and very uncomfortable. the restaurant downstairs was terrible and very expensive. the steak i ordered was overcooked (ordered it medium as i always do) and very tough.it was supposed to be a prime cut scotch fillet ..... the price of $33 was steep and even steeper was the very small bowl of veg that consisted of a few pieces of brocolli /cauiliflower/ carrots for an additional $8 !! ... the service was terrible and the staff not attuned to the customers needs.at all.. i had indicated three times that i wished to order another glass of wine with no response and then at the end when they asked how the meal and service was they were surprised with my response ... not very good. their attitude and service here leaves at lot to be desired and will def look for other business accomadation in this city... my business friends will also look elsewhere. very very dissapointed with this property ....

Room Tip: dont go there.!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ceahotel, Owner at Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Geoff2546,
1. Firstly you received the exact room that you booked.
2. Yes you ordered a sirloin steak and a side order of vegetables - eat everything on your plate and then you compained to the waitress on duty that you did not like the steak.
3. Then as you left the restaurant you gave the wrong room number for your meal to be charged.
4. I feel that your behaviour is misleading and deceptive.
5. You chucked a tantrum at Reception when you could not change rooms. Bearing in mind you received the exact room that you booked.
6. Your comments about the hotel are all untrue.
Yours sincerely,
Jim Stanwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I booked this on last minute.com had a great room excellent value ,bed was so comfortable room clean and facilities very good .would definitely stay there again .There was plenty of off street parking and within walking distance to shops ,checkin was quick and easy

• Stayed January 2013
Rockhampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We spent two nights at this venue taking the Cuddles and Bubbles Package that we read about through a RACQ email. The value was exceptional with a bottle of bubbly and chocolates each day,breakfast either in the dining room or with a breakky box, but the bonus was the three course meal in the Haig Italian Restaurant in the complex. Superb meal choices and exceptional quality. The only downside of our stay was the construction site next door on our first afternoon with a rockbreaker clearing the site, the next day was much better. Would definitely stay there for future visits. The staff friendliness was great

Room Tip: Ask for a Bubble and Cuddle Package!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We arrived in Canberra just hoping to book in somewhere after driving up from Melbourne on the way home to Newcastle. The first couple of places we went to had no vacancies and it was getting late so a lot of receptions were closed. We drove past CEA and noticed the 24 hour check in so decided to go see what their prices were like. They were very helpful and said their basic rooms had sold out but gave us the next room up at great price. The Italian Restaurant on-site is very yummy and does room service which was great for us after driving over 6 hours with an 8 month old. Our room was spotless, air con was quiet and even though we were facing the road, it was pretty quiet. The bed was one of the comfiest beds I have ever slept on. We had the buffet breakfast which was fresh and very yummy with plenty of variety and it was served in a great area called The Atrium where you can see all the different levels of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean, comfortable & conveniently located. They looked exactly like I pictured.

The letdown was when I arrived at 1:30 pm hoping to check in and the guy at reception not even checking to see if my room was ready. He just said it wasn't 2 o'clock n I couldn't check in without even advising me of what was in the local area and offering to take my bags. I cooperated and found a coffee shop nearby and he looked after my bags when I asked then on my return I was greeted by a much friendlier girl. I don't understand for a minute why this hotel has such a strict policy on checking in after 2 o'clock. Ironic when the sign outside says 24 hour check in.

Overall my experience was ok. Would've scored this hotel much higher if reception had the courtesy to see if my room was ready when I arrived rather than just refusing to check me in.

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I arrived at 1.58pm, and was told my room wasn't ready "check-in is 2pm". She wasn't joking - I had to wait and at about 2.10pm, I was given a room key. I was sold wifi (at $10 it was pretty reasonable) but not told that it wouldn't work in my room - whats the point in that? Then I had to make a "collect call" to get my mobile phone roaming reactivated - I didn't know how to do that from Australia (to NZ), so I rang reception and was told to dial straight through. I questioned I I would get charged with this. and told "of course", I questioned if she knew what a collect call was and she answered that she did. She couldn't have been less helpful. I will NOT stay here again, and would just like to warn travellers about the worst service I have ever received in Australia!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ceahotel, Manager at Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear peale1964,
I was the person you spoke too (Duty Manager Ms Baz Reo) and I informed you that there would be a $1.50 charge for using our phone in the room; but I offered you our public phone which would not of cost you anything. My hotel guests who were in Reception at the time you were speaking to me, heard everything you said to me.
Their comments to me were, quote; what a cranky old man, unquote.
They also heard you threaten me, saying that you were going to write a bad review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. As I say; all publicity is good publicity.
Cairns, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed for seven nights for business purposes. The rate was affordable for a longer stay and this was the reason we chose this hotel over any other in the same area.

Our room was very clean but this property needs a refurbishment before long if it is to hold its place among the local competition. The mattress was too soft for my liking but my partner had no complaints.

We did not travel to Canberra to enjoy the inside of a hotel room so our only real requirements of the room was for it to be clean and comfortable. The kitchenette was handy as it made catering for breakfasts a bit easier over the week of our trip.

The hotel serves breakfast in the Atrium costing $15.00 per head. Its a basic hotel breakfast.

The hotel's restaurant is wonderful however and serves up great meals. We ate at the restaurant on three different occasions and enjoyed our meal every time.

Parking is a problem - there is simply not enough spaces for all customers and the concrete pylons in the car park appear to be a natural enemy of cars from the look of the scrapes and marks on them.

I would stay at this property if in town for a longer stay but if our stay was shorter I may opt for one of the apartments a little closer to Civic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra? Share your experiences!