“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra

You added Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra to your Saves list
Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 Northbourne Ave & Cnr Girrahween St | Act, Canberra 2601, Australia   |
Ranked #39 of 53 Hotels in Canberra
Singapore, Singapore
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Paid AUD199 for a family studio that sleeps 5, which I thought was pretty decent value for money. Came with microwave, kettle and fridge, so it was sufficient for our breakfast needs. The room is a little cramped, with a double bed, a single bed, and a bunk bed, but the bathroom was a decent size with jacuzzi. Staff was friendly, and did not have an issue with us arriving rather late at night. Carpark can be a little cramped.

It is slightly outside the city, but with a car, it's barely 5-10 minutes drive away. Nothing to shout about, but it seems that Canberra's hotels are all pretty expensive, and this was definitely value for money for a short stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The motel smelt of paint and chlorine, very strong smell. The rooms were small and we ended up getting single beds but did have a lot of amenities which was a plus. It was a good location but staff seemed disinterested, one in particular. Fair price.

• Stayed December 2012
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The hotel looked great online but on arrival it was a bit run down and need of a upgrade. The lady that helped us at check in was either in training or not very interested in being there.

We had an unfortunate experience where my son fractured his arm so could only stay for one night instead of 4 nights. Tried to get some sort of refund but nobody was prepared to assist us and no compassion was shown. So based on the lack of care and customer service I will not stay there again! Very disappointing trip to Canberra in more ways than one. Where has customer service gone? If it was a priority for this hotel they could have waived some cancellation fees and helped us out. Disappointing!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ceahotel, Owner at Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Katrina M,
In all of our email correspondence that we have had, to be now saying these comments above is untrue.
My hotel is not in need of an upgrade.
My team went to great deal of effort to re-list your room for re-sale and we waiverd our admin fee for doing all this extra work.
As said to you many times by me in email correspondence, we were all very sorry to hear about your sons accident at the BMX Competition.
My Team went to great deal of effort in re listing your room, for re-sale.
My team were all times very courteous to you.
I am very sorry that we were unable to re-sell your room.
The BMX track would have accident cover and public liability insurance cover.
The comments you make about my hotel are untrue.
I feel that the people who use this site for negative comments should remember the wise old saying: "if you do not having anything nice to say, then you say nothing".
Cheers Jim Stanwell
Cooma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I enjoyed it here.
I came with friends to go to a music festival and go out later that night. The rooms were very nice for what we paid for. Clean, comfortable and just what we needed. The staff were friendly, and the 24 hour check-in was SO helpful. Our room faced Northbourne Ave so it was a bit loud, but not really that bad; and because of its location we could easily walk into the Civic City area. They have an undercover carpark, however if that's full there is plenty of parking out the back as well. If you're looking for an affordable, 1/few night stay I would recommend this. I'm going back next time I'm in Canberra.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here after it was booked for me by my work. First impression is that it looked a bit run down. My room didn't lock properly and when I spoke to one of my colleagues who also stayed there she said she had the same problem with her room. Rooms were clean but decor was outdated. In terms of location it was easy to walk to the city centre so if you're just stopping for a night it is ok. However the area is a bit shady according to my taxi driver and there were some interesting characters out front at night. Reception was average. I requested to not be booked in there again by my work and would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ceahotel, Owner at Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear emh01,
I am sorry to hear the comments you have made about my hotel, the comments are an opinion. Please be informed that your opinion is in the minority of people who stay here - over 98.3% of the people who stay here love us, why, for our location, value, comfort, price and our friendly staff. Yes it's probably best that you do not stay here. One can only wonder what shape you will be in, when you are as old as my hotel, by the way, we are in great shape, as we are constantly informed by all the people who stay here with us.
I do hope, that nobody ever says to you, that you are shabby and tired.
Cheers Jim Stanwell.
Bendigo, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Thanks to Wotif this hotel was very affordable and within walking distance to the CBD. The Reception staff could have been more welcoming initially, otherwise, our 6 day stay was very comfortable(the bed was excellent), the room had a well appointed kitchenette & was serviced daily and with complimentary KitKats! We would certainly recommend this property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Lodged here during a stressful exam - wasnt a cheap spot!! but my room (and half the rooms) border the main highway, so passing motorcycles and hoons shook the room. Cigarette smoke from people smoking on adjacent balconies drifted into my room (despite closing balcony door as tightly as possible with flimsy shade over door) - enough so that the smell stained my suit. And, as an added bonus, party evolved in adjacent room and management said they couldn't do anything about it!! It is not worth the money - would have had better nights sleep camping and truely irritated I spent any money on this place.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra? Share your experiences!