Well, the good run within the Rydges brand must have run out. This tired, untidy and unclean establishment needs work, inside and out. Don't get me wrong, the dream bed is still a winner and the quietness is pretty complementary but that would be the end of the complements.
Given full rack rate was paid despite bring a rewards member, the f&b staff need to remember to turn the vacuum cleaner on on their daily circuit, the evening bar staff need to treat people like its an honour to serve them rather than a lame chore and the breakfast team could learn to smile and be chirpy. As for the room, the dream bed is as always heavenly but when you see that the doona is heavily stained and the housekeeping staff don't even really look for things out of the ordinary, you can only surmise that the management staff at this hotel have been there too long and the place needs a freshen up all round.
Mr Rydge.... Really? Is this the best you can do?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges Capital Hill is the ideal Canberra hotel from which to base your stay in the Nation’s Capital. Whether you are visiting for leisure or business, you’ll find everything you need within close proximity at one of the best Canberra accommodation providers. This Canberra hotel is 500 metres from Parliament House, surrounded by the busy business districts of Barton and Parkes, walking distance to Manuka and Kingston, and close to most of Canberra's national attractions. The city is a 5 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Rydges Capital Hill Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Capital Hill Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Capital Hill Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Capital Hill