“Nice Hotel to STay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 53 Hotels in Canberra
Brisbane
“Nice Hotel to STay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2007

Stayed on the 17th and 18th March 2007. Good Hotel with King Size beds. Breakfast was included. Set right in the centre of the parliamentary area. Very good location. Room was large and modern. Will stay again.

• Liked — Good affordable accomodation
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2006

We stayed here over a long weekend and both my girlfriend and I were very impressed with the service and the atmosphere. We had a free cooked breakfast each morning, the paper was delivered to the door and all the in house movies were free and on demand. The hotel staff were helpful to any request.
This hotel was great value for money and I will be staying there on my next visit to Canberra.

• Liked — Value and service
  • Disliked — No Spa
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ACT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2006

I was married here in August 2005. We loved this place, we had relatives stay with me in the hotel the night before the wedding, we all had great meals and were treated like royalty. The staff were so helpful and did everything a very anxious bride asked!
We will return here for our anniversaries!
Also, I work in the APS and we often choose the Kurrajong for business meetings and conferences.

• Liked — Service
  • Tips/Secrets — This is a quiet option on weekends as most of the clientel are mon-fri business travellers
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney,Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2006

I rang this hotel which I might add -it takes them 8 years to answer or the line just drops out- as no-one is answering the phone!!! At a hotel!!I wanted to book a room for my parents on the following Thursday (ringing Saturday before) and my parents require a disabled access room. My credit card details were taken, my email address address was taken for a receipt of booking and my mobile to tell me if anything went wrong with booking. I rang back again about 2 minutes later to organise for any bills to go to my credit card also - fine she said: ALL BOOKED AS FAR AS I WAS CONCERNED. Sunday afternoon:No email was received- so I rang back on the Sunday - to be told there was no reference for my booking and that the room was booked by someone else and they have to check with a manager on Monday morning if room is free or not-(not happy) but fine I said,Call me Monday to tell me if I have room or not. Monday:No PHONE, No EMAIL- so I call that night- to be told Oh! the room is booked-so now I have to find a room for 3 nights away for the Thursday night. HOPELESS
I wonder if they teach that as customer sevice at their adjoining Hotel School..I have just tried to call to speak to the Manager and the phone has just rung out...with no one answering...brilliant...NOT!

Stayed March 2006
Exmouth WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2006

This hotel has heaps of character, rooms beautifully appointed, large, clean, top shelf toiletries, large fluffy white towels. An enormous verandah out from the bar makes an ideal place to sit in the afternoon enjoying a cocktail. The front entrance to the hotel has a beautiful garden with splendid roses in full bloom. This hotel also houses the Australian International Hotel School, and the staff appear to be trainees, not very efficient, or switched on. Breakfast in the restaurant on the first day, a poached egg arrived five minutes before I had to leave to attend a course, 2nd and third day breakfast was buffet style, very basic, with very limited choice. The 9.00p.m. in-house movie still hadn't commenced by 9.20p.m. when I rang reception the girl admitted she'd forgot to put it on and would do so immediately, 20 minutes later the movie commenced? The hotel itself is fantastic, would definately recommend staying here, the staff need to pay a bit more attention to detail.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2006

My family and I travelled to Canberra and had booked an ajoing room consisting of one room with King bed and another room with twin beds. Upon arrival, our reservation could not be found. Fortunately for us, there were other rooms available however, my children had to sleep in a King size bed.

The hotel is advertised as a boutique hotel, but I would describe it as a heritage hotel. It was recently renovated and very clean inside.

The rooms were cleaned daily and the beds had lovely clean bed linen.

Rooms were $178 each per night, which included breakfast. I thoroughly recommend that you get a breakfast rate. During the week, breakfast is freshly cooked and there are a number of options. On weekends, a breakfast buffet is set up, but most of the foods (bacon, scrambled eggs)were cold.

We found the staff in the dining room very nice, friendly and happy.

The staff at the reception were helpful but aloof.

The ladies cleaning the rooms were a jovial bunch and obviously loved their jobs. They were always happy and always had a warm good morning for us.

The hotel is located only a few streets away from parliament house in a nice secluded and quiet area. The hotel is magnificant and has a lovely outdoor patio outside of the bar which is very relaxing.

Parking is complimentary and is located at the rear of the hotel.

One thing I have learnt about Canberra, no matter where you are staying, you definitely need a car to get around to the various tourists attractions.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again only this time, I would check ahead of arrival to ensure our reservation has been made.

Would hate to think what we have done if the hotel was fully booked.

• Stayed January 2006
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2005

I stayed for just one night in November 2005 and was very pleased with this hotel. It is in a great location, within walking distance to many of the museums and galleries. Small number of bedrooms gives it a nice atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Kurrajong Canberra? Share your experiences!