We recently spent 2 nights here at the Breakfree Canberra in a 2 bedroom apartment. When we walked into our apartment we found that we had been upgraded to a 3 bedroom apartment, so that was nice.
We were on the 9th floor overlooking the lake so our view was just lovely, looking out into the Parliamentary circle and the lake.
The location was great for us to walk to the lake and we visited Floriade which was nice to walk around. We found it easy walking into the city where there were various restaurants. We had breakfast across the road which was a bit pricy but had a really nice waitress who d=gave us blankets as we had to sit outside in 10 degree weather, much appreciated.
The following day we rode around the lake which was great. We turned left after we got off the over pass and my husband said that riding that half was the easiest as the other half went away from the lake and involved some hills. You can always come back over the bridge for those not wanting to ride the whole course which took my husband and my eldest son approximately 2 1/2 hours. I went with my younger son and came back over the bridge which was approximately 1 1/2 hours worth of easy riding. There was places to stop off and rest all around the ride to get something to eat or drink.
The apartment had a great view but some thing were quite lacking. Both showers had there head nozzle way to low so that all members of our family had to bend to rinse shampoo from our hair and some of the taps were quite hard to turn on and then once on gushed out with water.
the ensuite had a massive bath.
Everything was in the apartment that you needed but as we were only there for 3 days we didn't use the laundry or cooking facilities.
The boys used the pool which was nice but the pool cleaner was left in the pool and there was quite a few kids in there making it quite awkward for them to all swim around.
The front reception staff were friendly and helpful and having free secure underground parking was great.
Lifts worked well.
There was a bit of noise from the traffic below.
Overall we all enjoyed our stay and would probably stay here again as the negatives weren't really that bad, sitting on the balcony and enjoying the view made up for them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the foreshores of Lake Burley Griffin, BreakFree Capital Tower enjoys stunning views over the Lake, the towering Brindabella Ranges and the sparkling lights of Canberra City.Offering a range of accommodation options, guests can chose from one, two and three bedroom apartments. The spacious self-contained apartments include a fully equipped kitchen, open-plan living and dining areas with most boasting spacious balconies to enjoy the breathtaking views, fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities in each unit and a full sized bath with shower (some apartments offer ensuite bathrooms)After a day out exploring the city unwind in our indoor spa, sauna or heated outside pool, or enjoy a quiet meal in our large guest BBQ area. Tennis and squash courts are available to hire and all on-site car parking is complimentary. The property is surrounded by lush landscaped parklands with cycle and jogging tracks which provide the ideal incentive for a brisk morning run or early evening stroll.The property is within close proximity to Canberras CBD, government offices and the major tourist attractions making it the ideal base for business trips, family holidays or a weekend away in the Nation's Capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BreakFree Capital Tower Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Capital Tower Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Breakfree Capital Hotel Canberra