I've stayed here a few times and would definitely stay again. The only drawback is the road noise which I think is worse on the lower levels. Internally, I have always found the soundproofing between apartments to be very good.
But put that aside and you would be hard pressed to find anything better.
Serviced and self contained apartments, I would always go for a Lakeside one. They are clean, are well appointed with all appliances including a washing machine. Tea, coffee and milk and dishwashing powder are replaced every day. The beds are comfortable and the towels are thick and absorbent. There is also secure parking under the building.
The location is very central and within walking distance of the city. There are some cafes across the road - one which has a small convenience store attached. Supermarkets require a drive.
Reception staff are very friendly and extremely helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the foreshores of Lake Burley Griffin, BreakFree Capital Tower enjoys stunning views over the Lake, the towering Brindabella Ranges and the sparkling lights of Canberra City. Offering a range of accommodation options, guests can chose from one, two and three bedroom apartments. The spacious self-contained apartments include a fully equipped kitchen, open-plan living and dining areas with most boasting spacious balconies to enjoy the breathtaking views, fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities in each unit and a full sized bath with shower (some apartments offer ensuite bathrooms) After a day out exploring the city unwind in our indoor spa, sauna or heated outside pool, or enjoy a quiet meal in our large guest BBQ area. Tennis and squash courts are available to hire and all on-site car parking is complimentary. The property is surrounded by lush landscaped parklands with cycle and jogging tracks which provide the ideal incentive for a brisk morning run or early evening stroll. The property is within close proximity to Canberras CBD, government offices and the major tourist attractions making it the ideal base for business trips, family holidays or a weekend away in the Nation's Capital. BreakFree Capital Tower has a strict No Party Policy. Maximum occupancy and noise level restrictions apply as per reservation. Anyone in breach of this will be dealt with accordingly. All our apartments are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BreakFree Capital Tower Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Capital Tower Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Breakfree Capital Hotel Canberra