Rooms at the Rydges were beautiful and very very comfortable, with good coffee facilities. Very good room-service. Amazing breakfast that I enjoyed a lot.
An important point that I'd like to make concerns the internet in the rooms that was in my view very expensive (18 AUD for 24 hours, but no possibility to accumulate the time, thus if you bought it at 5pm it expired 5pm the next day). This is a business hotel of a high standard and as such I do expect free and reliable wifi in the room, as sitting in the lobby where this service is provided free of charge is not always optimal due to noise (or, as in my case, when you need to work until very late in the evening).
I was also surprised at the limited sporting facilities provided. The cardio room basically had a threadmill and a bike, close together. The hotel recommends a gym, which is however quite far away (about 20 min walk) and really expensive, so no option for someone who has limited time and wants to quickly exercise after a heavy day.
Location of the hotel is good for Canberra standards where everything is quite far away from each other. There is a very nice small supermarket and a great cafe across the street at the backside of the cafe. For everything else, the centre is about 20min walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- QT Canberra sits within the iconic Lakeside hotel that has been the scene of many a handshake deal and long lunch. In the great tradition of Australian politics we do business with a wink and a nod and know that after a gruelling day of question time (from the kids or the leader of the opposition) you need a place to put your feet up an a soft bed to fall into. Our 205 guest suites are kitted out with designer decor and all the business savvy mod cons we know you need to get the job done. Expect a seamless technology offering and a team geared to assist you with any left-field requests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your QT Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Lakeside Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Lakeside Hotel