I have stayed at Rydges Lakeside on numerous occasions and am yet to be disappointed. The hotel is clean and modern, the rooms recently renovated and the facilities are excellent. The Canberra CBD is within walking distance (about 20 minutes) but more importantly the hotel is a beautiful wander around the lake to the highlights of Canberra including the Library (30 minutes), Portrait Gallery (40 minutes) and Art Gallery (45 minutes).
The hotel staff are excellent and always willing to assist (especially Sascha who mixes upthe best cocktails in Canberra - My partner is addicted to the 'Hudson'). The restaurant and bar are fantastic (make sure you join the free Rydges priority guest club and you get at least 20% off everything).
Overall, in my opinion, it's one of Canberra's best offerings!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- QT Canberra sits within the iconic Lakeside hotel that has been the scene of many a handshake deal and long lunch. In the great tradition of Australian politics we do business with a wink and a nod and know that after a gruelling day of question time (from the kids or the leader of the opposition) you need a place to put your feet up an a soft bed to fall into. Our 205 guest suites are kitted out with designer decor and all the business savvy mod cons we know you need to get the job done. Expect a seamless technology offering and a team geared to assist you with any left-field requests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your QT Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Lakeside Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Lakeside Hotel