First, the positive points. The hotel is close to the ANU. Their 'dream beds' are pretty comfy!! Probably the best feature of this hotel to me. However, while it was clean, it was a little on the dusty side. I probably noticed it more than most people would, being highly sensitive to dust and allergic to it. Having gotten used to complimentary bottled water in many hotels, I realised to my dismay that the bottles placed next to the bed had little price tags. By then I had finished half the bottle. It was hard to tell what was complimentary. The signage could have been clearer. Check in took 45 minutes. Apparently the system was down but having told us they would sort out the room availability manually, they seemed to forget that they'd told us to wait and didn't get back to us. I would probably stay there again for its proximity to the ANU.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Lakeside Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Lakeside Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra, a hotel of tradition and warmth, boasts a city centre location on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin. The Canberra CBD location, spectacular views, outstanding accommodation and exemplary service ensure that guests are treated to a memorable stay in the Nation’s Capital. Our brand new Restaurant Locanda Italian Steakhouse is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner from 6.30am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Rydges Lakeside Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.