First, the positive points. The hotel is close to the ANU. Their 'dream beds' are pretty comfy!! Probably the best feature of this hotel to me. However, while it was clean, it was a little on the dusty side. I probably noticed it more than most people would, being highly sensitive to dust and allergic to it. Having gotten used to complimentary bottled water in many hotels, I realised to my dismay that the bottles placed next to the bed had little price tags. By then I had finished half the bottle. It was hard to tell what was complimentary. The signage could have been clearer. Check in took 45 minutes. Apparently the system was down but having told us they would sort out the room availability manually, they seemed to forget that they'd told us to wait and didn't get back to us. I would probably stay there again for its proximity to the ANU.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- QT Canberra sits within the iconic Lakeside hotel that has been the scene of many a handshake deal and long lunch. In the great tradition of Australian politics we do business with a wink and a nod and know that after a gruelling day of question time (from the kids or the leader of the opposition) you need a place to put your feet up an a soft bed to fall into. Our 205 guest suites are kitted out with designer decor and all the business savvy mod cons we know you need to get the job done. Expect a seamless technology offering and a team geared to assist you with any left-field requests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your QT Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Lakeside Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Lakeside Hotel