We returned to Rydges for the 3 rd time ,but this time it was much better because they renovated and it's more upmarket. We had a lakeside view with Black mountain and Tower so it's different to the front which is a city view.
Breakfast was fantastic.the new bar is right at the focal point of the hotel and if join Rydges you get a free drink,wine beer or soft drink.when you join seniors club online you get free breakfast .
A short walk to Floriade and a 40 min walk to the War Memorial. a short 10 min walk to the great new Canberra centre which is nicer than most other shopping centres.
The staff are very nice too. I highly recommend the Rydges Lakeside for a 3night stay for a "walking everywhere "holiday.
must mention the Dream Bed as one o f the best sleeps I've had.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Lakeside Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Lakeside Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra, a hotel of tradition and warmth, boasts a city centre location on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin. The Canberra CBD location, spectacular views, outstanding accommodation and exemplary service ensure that guests are treated to a memorable stay in the Nation’s Capital. Our brand new Restaurant Locanda Italian Steakhouse is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner from 6.30am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Rydges Lakeside Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.