You added Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   74 Northbourne Ave, Canberra 2601, Australia   |
Ranked #30 of 53 Hotels in Canberra
“Noisy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here recently, fine with everything except our room located on the 3rd floor on a dreadful intersection,facing mort street, and our room being directly above a 24hr mcdonalds didn't help either. The riff raff of Canberra on display , noisy , uncouth, reeking havoc on the road, shouting, abusing each other, patrons at mcdonalds having no concern whatsoever keeping me up all night laughing yelling etc, think we'll stay somewhere alot quieter next time and avoid the city. Also steer clear of the mini bar and anything else for sale complete rip off, they even charge for the washing powder there, tiny sachets, and also $15 per night to use their carpark was a bit steep too!

• Stayed January 2013
Amanda I, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Canberra, James Court. We appreciate your comments.
If you wish to discuss your feedback further with me, please contact me directly at the hotel.
We hope to see you again in the near future.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were booked in to stay at the James Court Apartments (Medina) in early January. These had been booked for us as a part of a defence removal. On arrival, we were very disappointed in the standards of the place- food on the walls, around the inside of the fridge, mould everywhere in the bathrooms. (we have photos!!). We sighed and left to get some lunch and came back, when it only got worse. Holes in the sheets (kids rooms), spit balls on the ceilings, bugs, and just general filth. I think the thing that got to us most was all the mould in the bathrooms. On the ceilings, all around the showers and baths. The place needed to be demolished! We complained a number of times to management and were "offered" to view an 'upgraded refurbished room.' The next room was exactly the same. We hightailed it out of there, bags packed, nervous for the children in particular due to the mould issues. Im hoping no one from defence is ever booked into this hotel again! Unsafe and at a terrible standard. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. And for my husband who has travelled the world, he said that this was the worst hotel he had ever been to.
Id be happy to post photos on request!

Room Tip: No room is a good room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Amanda I, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Canberra, James Court.

I am disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and would like to apologise. We do strive to maintain the upkeep and cleanliness of the hotel, however in this instance we have not achieved this.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel to further discuss your stay with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

An overnight stay was made pleasant with all that this motel has on offer. We booked a 2br (room 622) which was clean (besides mold under silicon around spa), very spacious, comfortable furnishings, a fantastic pool/spa that we used twice, close to restaurants & friendly, helpful staff. We will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed January 2013
AmandaMedina, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Canberra, James Court. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and found our rooms to your liking. Thank you also for your comments in regards to the service I will make sure this is passed onto our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Canberra in the future.

Anglesey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. We chose the hotel because we were travelling to Canberra on the Murray's bus from Sydney and back again; the hotel was within easy walking distance of the bus depot.
We as a family of 3 were given an apartment with 2 double-bed bedrooms and 2 toilet/bathroom/shower rooms. The apartment also had laundry facilities, a good sized kitchen with all amenities (even a dishwasher), dining room, lounge, and a small outside balcony.
We did walk, but the hotel is rather far from attractions such as the War Memorial and the Parliament Triangle, there is a service bus 2 blocks down (which is also quite far), I would recommend that if you are not used to walking, especially in Australia's summer heat that you take a taxi.
There weren't many restaurants nearby, but we cooked in the apartment on both nights which was very pleasant. We used the outside swimming pool, which although quite small was perfectly adequate.
We had read that the hotel could be noisy, and we were overlooking the main street where McDonalds is situated, however it did not proof a problem for us.
Overall we had a very enjoyable stay in Canberra, a very interesting Capital City, and the hotel was excellent value for money.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from the main street
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Amanda I, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest

The team at Adina Apartment Hotel Canberra, James Court are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have just returned from staying at this property and I had booked and paid before reading the reviews (a late night decision) and I was really concerned about staying after I had visited this site. Although a late request for a high floor away from Northbourne was unable to be accommodated, the thing that was most important to me, a clean room, was what I got. We were given room 219, second floor on Northbourne and although a little noisy, I didn't find it too bad, I have young children and am used to being woken up prior to 7am. The pool was clean and my daughter and I enjoyed an afternoon swim each day. Although the parking was a bit tricky later at night it was nothing different to what I have experienced at apartments on the Gold Coast, although I think the parking should not be an added extra considering the location and inability to park anywhere else, such as when you stay at apartments at other locations around the country.

Everything in the room was clean, as said, but the bathrooms and the bed are getting a little tired, I believe the apartment I stayed in had been recently (last 12-24 months) repainted, recarpeted, new air conditioners and living room furniture updated. All in all I was happy with my stay and would stay again, but would most likely request the same room number, considering the other reviews that have been negative.

The only appliances I used were the TV, Fridge and Hairdryer so can't comment on any others, I did check the microwave though and it was clean.

Service at the Reception Desk on the way in was good and the staff member was friendly, service on the way out could have been improved slightly, with a staff member commencing to serve me, then answering the phone, where someone else should have picked this up.

Finally, great location, easy to get in and out of and easy to get to anywhere in 10 minutes.

Kylie

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AmandaMedina, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Medina Executive James Court. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and found our rooms to your liking.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Executive James Court in the future.

Maitland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great location close to shopping centre & local pubs. Rooms in need of a makeover. Apartments large enough for family of 4 with all that you need. Best to stay on Northbourne Ave side less noise away from Mcdonalds drive thru.

• Stayed October 2012
AmandaMedina, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review, we really appreciate it.

It was great to read you loved our location, we hope you will stay here again next time you are in Canberra.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Had stayed here years ago and should have just left it a memory. Rooms were dirty, parking cramped and dark. Breakfast pack overpriced and ordinary. Curtains hanging down off tracks, holes in screens, tv didn't work properly, room smelt, dusty, old shabby - cannot wait to leave here in the morning and very sorry we are here now. Do yourself a favour and just don't stay here you will be sorry!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AmandaMedina, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at Medina Executive James Court.

I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not the positive experience that we hope our guests have.

I want to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
Thank you again for your feedback.