“Best service I have had in any hotel in Australia” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 53 Hotels in Canberra
Sydney, Australia
“Best service I have had in any hotel in Australia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I travel lots (in Australia and overseas) and I can honestly say that during the two nights I spent at the crown plaza at the start of this year I experienced the friendliest and most helpful staff I have just about anywhere. The only reason that I dont say they provide the best service of any hotel in the world is that I have stayed in Dubai.
Well done Crown Plaza. Only place I will ever stay in Canberra.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Matthew A, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Glen255060,

Thank you so very much. We are thrilled to have created such a great impact. This is absolutely our goal and we look forward to welcoming you in similar style on all your future visits.

Matt Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Two thumbs up for the discounted price on the deluxe suite and for the flowers/chocolates/bubbly as my wife and I celebrate our honeymoon year. The suite was very spacious, had two flat screen TVs (one in the sitting room, other in bedroom), two sofas, kitchen, dining table, comfy king size bed, walk in robe, ensuite and large windows overlooking the park. Staff were all very nice and welcoming. Also dined in-room one night and thought the food was great.

The gym is definitely in need of an update as does the pool which is awkwardly located (you have to go through the gym). Thought the spa bath was a little undersized for what supposedly is a suite. Complimentary bottled water was only provided once and only when we requested it. Kudos for the free internet during our stay but the process of requesting a new access code from reception that can then only be used on ONE device was very annoying. Also strange that we were only provided one toilet roll between us on the first night, that sounds kind of petty but just to put that into perspective, we had just driven a few hours from Sydney powered by nothing more than fast food & soft drink...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew A, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear DarkRevan,

Thank you for your review and the feedback it provides for our focus.

I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the faciltiy and service overall and we have noted the inconsistencies you mention. Consistency is after all the true mark of quality and our goal is to provide our guests with the highest quality experience in Canberra alongside genuine guest care and a great location.

Thank you again. I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you top the Crowne Plaza Canberra in the future.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here with a close friend late last year, he was very impressed with the room saying it was one of the nicest rooms he had ever stayed in.
Anyway my opinion, i loved the view we had and the layout of the room was perfect, the bed was facing the massive window that covered the whole wall, perfect view from a high floor! We slept with the blinds open as the night was so lovely!
The bathroom and room size is a little small but thats expected with many studio rooms anyway.
I decided to get room serivice in the morning, i got French Toast and to be honest i was a little down as i loveee french toast but it wasnt really cooked enough a little bit eggy but thats the only negative comment i have to make.
Check out was fast and easy :) and they have alot of carparking accessible near the hotel and it only cost me $2 for the night! Cheapest car parking ever.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room with a view :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Belinda G,

Thank you for this lovely review. We have spent a great deal of time and effort over the last year to improve the product and service and it is tremendous to see your feedback that supports our efforts and encourages us toward the continuation of the this improvement.
Great also to read that you found the nearby parking easy to use. It is extremely affordablea nd almost right next door.

Thank you again - we look forward to the chance to welcome you back.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We booked a premier room through the Visitor Centre on Saturday the 5th January. When we got to the Crowne there was no record of our booking but that was fine we checked in to a room with twin beds. BUT when we went to checkout out we were charged the full price of the room again!! When we pointed out that we had paid at the Visitor Centre the response was pretty much indifference our problem to sort out computer says no. We found the receipt from the Visitor Centre and showed it to a different person at the desk and with many apologies the problem was rectified although it did take 2 days to reappear in our account.
There was a dinner tray still outside our room when we checked in at about 4 pm. We went for a swim did some shopping and the tray was still on the floor outside our room at about 7 pm so we pushed the tray a bit further down the hall way. The pool is tired looking and dirty. parking seems excessive at $16 and charging nearly $19 to watch a children's movie that is out on dvd is also excessive. At $335 plus parking we certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Linda200261,

Thankyou for your feedback.
I am very sorry that we have let our usual standards of presentation and service slip on this occasion. Our pool is surrounded by very tall tress and with the dry weather we are servicing it twice a day to try to stay on top of the leaves. This is no excuse of course and I regret that the area was not presented to a suitable standard when you visited. We have some significant improvement works planned for the pool area so our guests will see some dramatic improvement over the coming months.
The room service tray you mention is also not our usual standard and I understand how this will have impacted your view of our attention to detail. Obviously the admin error on checkout would have been a shock and while these are easy to rectify, our systems should allow for these errors to be caught before you are impacted.
Overall it is clear that these issues have combined to create a less than positive perception of value and this is absolutely not our goal. I will send a private message in the hopes that we can discuss your stay and perhaps the opportunity to give us another go on a future visit. I feel sure that the issues you encountered are not the norm and you will experience a better stay if you were to offer us another chance.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Canberra, Australia. The customer service at this hotel is simply outstanding. All the staff without exception do everything possible to make you feel like a valued guest I mentioned in passing that I had just retired on Dec 21 and that my wife and I were taking our first trip to Australia for our 30th wedding anniversary. One day when we returned to the hotel after a day of sight seeing, the manager sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne for our anniversary. The hotel really goes beyond and goes that extra yard to make you feel welcomed and appreciated. One of th ebest hotels I have every stayed at and I usually spent 100 nights at hotels every year when I was working. Definitely stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael B,

Thank you so very much for this fantastic feedback. We are really engaged to create that special point of difference for our guests and I am thrilled that we were able to achieve our goal for your stay.
Thank you again. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the Nations Capital and the Crowne Plaza.

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I checked into the Crown Plaza on the 7th of January 2013 for 4 nights..
A great hotel with a very central location.... Rooms fairly well presented with very comfy Kingsize Beds...
Hotel staff are superb... very helpful and nothing was too much trouble...
Only negatives are the limited car parking available at the hotel for $18 a day....the carpark is a very funny layout and it can become difficult later in the day to get a space....
Breakfast is from 6.30am so could be an issue if you have an early morning flight to catch ....But the quality and variety is superb....
On the whole I loved my stay and would recommend.... will definitely book this hotel again next year....

Room Tip: Brilliant rooms... very well laid out.... I was in room 509 on the 5th floor and heard nothing.... n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Shane D,

Thank you for your review. The team and I are thrilled to see that the service we provided created such a great impact on your stay and added to the great location to help you enjoy your time in Canberra.
We are grateful for the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have stayed at Crowne Plaza on a few separate occasions. Recently we stayed for 2 nights including New Years Eve. The accommodaton and service are always very good. The price was fantastic for New Years Eve and the location was great. We were able to walk to Civic Square and watch a family concert and the fireworks.
It was also handy being so close to Canberra Shopping Centre and there were numerous restaurants to choose from nearby.
I would recommend this hotel for the location and reasonable prices. The gym and the pool were also very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Matthew A, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear dibentley,

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that the location, product and service suited your needs so well. We are soon to complete the refresh of our foyer areas and will also be improving our pool, gym and day spa over the coming months. We look forward to the chance to share these improvements with you on future visit.

Gneral Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra? Share your experiences!