“Comfortable, clean and quite” 5 of 5 stars

You added McMillan Gardens Furnished Apartments to your Saves list
McMillan Gardens Furnished Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   McMillan Crescent, Canberra 2603, Australia   |
Sydney, Australia
“Comfortable, clean and quite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I booked though a booking agent to stay at McMillan gardens. Obviously the price was great for our stay in Canberra over a sitting week. We found the accommodation to be very clean and very well equipped with everything we needed for a 7 night stay. I had a midweek service at a very reasonable rate of $50.00. The housekeeping girls were spot on, it was lovely to come back after a huge day to a unit the same as when we checked in (Thanks Yuri). We have decided this will be on the top of the list for our Canberra stays and we would highly recommend McMillan Gardens.

Room Tip: If you are on buisness and out all day, the standard studio units are perfect.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed one night at McMillan. Whilst I knew I paid a reasonable rate (around AUD$120 per night), I felt I should have paid $10 more to stay for one of my usual hotels. The accommodation offered all you would expect from a $120 a night motel, reasonably clean, a kitchen with all utensils good enough for self-catering, a bathroom with reasonable amenities.
As one of the first review wrote, the noise was an issue for me too. I could hear every move of neibhouring occupants. I could hear them open/shut doors, them speak on their mobile phones, etc. It was hardly a peaceful night stay I had. I don't know what the management can do about this issue... If those occupants are permanent residents. After all, whilst I do appreciate a very user friendly price tag the management offers, I don't know if this institution will be one of my first choices when it comes to Canberra accommodation...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

My partner and I recently booked through Wotif to stay at MacMillan Gardens Short-Term Accommodation, Griffith (www.canbhol.com.au) between 3rd Jan and 8th Jan. While it was clean and well-equipped, we would just like to let you know that we had to leave one day early and check in to another motel because our unit was directly below a unit owned by a person whose every footfall and movement could be heard throughout the night, including the very early hours of the morning, and thus preventing us from sleep.

Having contacted MacMillan Gardens after this first occurred, we were advised to speak with the resident above, and he was also contacted by MacMillan Gardens. However, the noise continued for two more nights. When we finally decided to leave early, MacMillan Gardens refused to reimburse us for the final day of our booking, simply stating to “see the terms and conditions”, and that our room could not be changed due to being booked out.

It is worth noting that any future visitors to the particular unit we were given will experience much the same disturbance from the occupant upstairs (he is a permanent resident), and that the construction of the building is such that this will continue unless mitigation is provisioned (eg carpeting the floorboards).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to McMillan Gardens Furnished Apartments? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about McMillan Gardens Furnished Apartments

Address: McMillan Crescent, Canberra 2603, Australia
Location: Australia > Australian Capital Territory > Greater Canberra > Canberra
Ranked #15 of 23 Specialty Lodging in Canberra
Hotel Class:3 star — McMillan Gardens Furnished Apartments 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your McMillan Gardens Furnished Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage McMillan Gardens Furnished Apartments, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.