“Indian at its best” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Jerrabomberra, Australia
“Indian at its best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

the table service, food and variety are excellent - love the ambience, decor and the central city location

Visited May 2014

“Great Banquet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

All of the food was amazingly tasty and very filling. A restaurant you should definitely have on your list.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Again, this was excellent food. I bought my interstate family to Blu Ginger and it didn't fail to impress. Two family members quoting it as the best curries they have had for years and this is from people who regularly eat and cook curries. Curries, naans, rice and pickles were great.
Sure service was slow and not too friendly but we expect that now. We were there for the food and the company and it enabled us to have a great night eating and talking.
We wouldn't have Indian in canberra from any other restaurant, regardless of service.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Good food, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have been to this restaurant twice before and although the food is good, the service is very poor. It's like they had buried their dead on both occasions. Maybe it was just the winter cold that made the workers miserable.
It's a shame because the layout and decor is nice and the food is good. There are too many other places to eat in Canberra to have poor service like that.
It's a good thing their restaurant in Sydney (Castle Hill) doesn't provide poor service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Average Indian food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I've been to this restaurant the first being a couple of years ago with a work function. On the first occasion I recall the food being much more delicious than my more recent visit. My wife and I attended and we had the chargrilled lamb mince called sheer kebab for entree. It was nice and tasty although somewhat salty. For the main we had the lamb rogan josh, chicken chattinad, steamed rice and pappadums. The lamb was a bit tough and should have been much more tender and to put it simply the meat In a curry should just melt in your mouth. The sauce was quite nice. The chicken dish was unusual nice and spicy although the sauce was not that nice. The service was good quite quick and friendly staff. Unfortunately when we first arrived there were not that many patrons and the ambience was good but by the time we left my wife and I could hardly hear each other talking due to all the patrons that had arrived and the acoustics is just terrible. The cost of the meal was pretty good for a city restaurant. I had praise for this restaurant prior to last
nights visit but I recommend other Indian restaurants in Canberra which have better food. To top it off my wife and I both developed unsettled stomachs after our meal.

Visited May 2014