“Nice food, we get takeaway” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Canberra
“Nice food, we get takeaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

The food is good bit not quite the best Indian I've had. We get takeaway occasionally but I've never had any inclination to eat in. It seems to be a very noisy place when busy, echoes like a tin shed. Worth a try.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Canberra
“Good Food and Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've been to Blu Ginger a few times now, mostly in groups and the latest was as a couple. While the restaurant is in a cavernous space, the acoustics are pretty good and it has nice decore.

We dined at 8.45 on a Saturday night and the restaurant was almost full. Although we did not have a booking, we were politely greeted and promptly seated. The waiter took out order and we were served entrees within 5-10 minutes. We had the Aloo Spinach Tikki that was accompanied with 3 types of dipping sauce and it was delicious.

For mains we stepped out side our normal very spicey selection and tried something different. We had the Gosht Rara (lamb) and the Sagwala Beef. While there were OK, they lacked a great depth of flavour.

For the entree, two mains with rice, a glass of wine and a beer we paid $75 with a tip.

All in all, a reasonable meal, good service and nice surroundings.

Sydney
“Bring something to eat - a looooong wait between order and sevice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The ambience was good, and the menu has some interesting picks along with favourite standards.

Although only 25% full, it took an hour from ordering until the the first dish was served. Thank goodness for the tablecloth - we ate most of it while waiting and began considering the paint on the walls

Although once it arrived the meal was excellent but didn't outweigh the incredible time waiting.

Canberra, Australia
“A long wait - however great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had lunch with a business partner and the food took 45 minutes to come out.

I received my meal first and the waiter said the second meal was coming - it was a further 10 minutes away. The waiter didn’t come up and tell us what why the second meal was so late, we had to ask about it.

Although I ate my meal very slowly, as we waited for the second meal to come out it was ok- I had the $20-lunch special Butter Chicken with Garlic Nann and a LLB on the side, it was great.

The food was lovely – I found it hot and spicy just to my liking.

I wouldn’t recommend this place if you needed to eat and dash in a hurry, but would recommend this place if you were happy to sit back and relax (maybe order a starter - just to have something to nibble on at first)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Be prepared to wait for your meal!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My third visit and it's always the same. The food is nice but we waited 90 minutes for our meals.. It's a shame but I won't be coming back

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere