“Morks is marvelous” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 778 restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Our mission is to create original, passionate and delicious Thai food, but most importantly bring back the unpredictability and excitement that so many Thai restaurants have forgotten. See you in the dining room, The Morks Team
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Morks is marvelous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is our third visit and was our best so far. I'm eating my way around the menu, and have not been disappointed. The service is great, the food sensational and corkage is reasonable. My Favourite restaurant in Canberra.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Canberra, Australia
“Continues to impress... again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Having been to Morks on many occasions, I knew that the food and service would be spot-on. However I didn't expect, given it had been quite some time since my last visit, that the waiter would remember my partner's and my name. Then, to remember that I replace rice with a salad, and that my partner's meal is gluten-free, was rather impressive.

Again I say, if you want a quality meal with exceptional service then you must head to Morks. I'm not looking forward to their impending move to Kingston, as it means they will no longer be my 'local', but I'll certainly be making the journey as there is no other restaurant in Canberra that impresses me as much as this little gem.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canberra, Australia
“Frankly, fabulous ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Morks is absolutely fabulous. We have been many times - and the duck (main) is irresistible. I promise myself to try something different each time I go, and I cant. Service is impeccable, the entree's - especially the prawns are sublime. Well priced. BYO. Definitely my favourite restaurant in Canberra without a doubt. I truly hope that when they move to Kingston in Sept 2013, they continue to be fabulous ...

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cairns
“Modern Thai with a delicious twist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Morks is a hidden gem tucked away in the shops along the newer side of Florey Shopping Centre. The menu offers unique flavour combinations, all with a delicious twist. There's the soft shell crab in milk that's spiced with garam masala and chilli jam. It's totally yummy. The grilled eggplant salad is served with chilli jam dressing, and topped with fried shallots and coriander. The chicken thigh pieces marinated in garlic and lemongrass with Som Tum (spicy papaya salad) served with coconut rice is the best we've tasted. The menu offers a wide range of dishes, none of which have disappointed. We've eaten at Morks on numerous occasions and will always be happy to return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, über friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We visit Canberra periodically, driving up from Melbourne to see our daughter. We stayed in McGregor for the first time recently and googled Morks with encouraging reviews so decided to give it a go. We're so glad we did. The roast pork belly was super delicious, the duck and special sticky rice was out of this world and the John Dory was delectable. The young bloke manning front of house was courteous, engaging and offered non intrusive and superb friendly service. 3 mains, 1 dessert and coffee came up to just under $100 and it was beautiful modern Thai food at its best. I'd return at the drop of a hat...

Visited June 2013