“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 778 restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Our mission is to create original, passionate and delicious Thai food, but most importantly bring back the unpredictability and excitement that so many Thai restaurants have forgotten. See you in the dining room, The Morks Team
China
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Just amazing. I'm always cautious of so called fusion or modern Thai restaurants, but Morks is truly wonderful and certainly does justice to this genre.

Tip number 1: book ahead, especially if you want a Friday to Sunday booking, you might need to book a week or 2 ahead. It is a small intimate setting and very popular. We managed to book 5 days ahead for a weekday table and they were full that night too.

The service... calm, kind and considerate. Just how I like it.

The food... Simply wonderful. What a great menu with beautiful Thai ingredients, curries, herbs and chillis, but with a lovely twist. The Angel Prawns are a must, lamb mussamun, duck... All superb in ingredients and flavours.

I love this suburban restaurant revival in Canberra.

79% Recommend
New Zealand
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Loved everything about Morks; the beautiful food, the super friendly and attentive service, the decor, the busyness. Everything! Thanks for a wonderful evening! We will be coming back a lot!

• Visited June 2012
“Delicious!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Very tasty food at affordable prices. Meal sizes are generous. BYO corkage is very reasonable. The staff are friendly and make sure it's a pleasant experience by paying attention to detail. Will definitely be going back!!

Canberra, Australia
“I tried - but could not find fault”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

First visit to Mork's was with my wife and 2 teenage children. I was hoping to find something wrong with the experience - just to try and be contrary to all the other great reviews that have I have seen. Unfortunately, I was disappointed and could not find a fault. Service was friendly, attentive and spot on in relation to recommendations. The food was brilliant and I had what I think was the best chicken satay entree I have ever had - anywhere! I recommend the duck and red curry, the lychees just set it off brilliantly. Seeing the modest bill that covered 2 courses for all of us topped off my night. We all loved Mork's and will definitely be back. I strongly recommend.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“...and all my staff agree...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Another visit to Morks last night. Knowing just how good it is, I just had to have our inaugural Annual Company Dinner there.

6 staff (including me) and two partners were all delighted. Everyone loved the food.

Sally and I shared around the Angel prawns so everyone got to try them. <3. Others had various entrees, all of which looked great and feedback was very positive.

For Mains, many people accepted my pork suggestion and it was sublime. Others had chicken, lamb, and beef. I've never heard the word delicious so many times at a company dinner before.

The sorbet was a lovely touch and well enjoyed.

For dessert, the souffle and deep fried ice cream were popular. Because they couldn't decide, 2 staff had both! Another dessert was had by one person and she shared with her husband. They loved it.

The service was perfect and totally professional while remaining genuine and friendly. I had a few curve balls to throw and Benn, our waiter, took everything in his stride. He was amazing. 10/10.

I booked with about 6 weeks notice and had no trouble with anything. No lost booking, which is an issue I have faced with other restaurants before when booking well in advance. With Morks being simply the best in the ACT, I suggest booking at least a week or two in advance depending in the night you want to go. There's about 40 seats but last night was booked out by about 4 groups so it's easy to miss out.

I can't speak highly enough of Benn and his front of house staff and Mork and his cooking team.

We finished up late and it was clear Morks had finished their work for the night. Mork himself said goodnight to us on his way out (a pleasant touch).

Benn and other staff chatted quietly out of the way while we finished off the wine and talked some more. I thanked Benn later for the highly respectful approach he took to allow us to stay on for a while so we could finish up. He said it often happens and he is happy as long as customers are happy.

Nothing more to be said really. It just shows how amazing this restaurant is. No pressure to eat fast. No pressure to leave so they can turn more orders over. I just can't fault anything. Thankyou Morks!