“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Canberra
Brisbane, Australia
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We found Aria on TripAdvisor while driving between Sydney & Canberra, and we were not disappointed. We wanted an apartment that had washing facilities so we could catch up on our laundry after being on the road, something close to Canberra's attractions,warm :) and with some kitchen facilities? Aria has all this and more. We had a 1 bedroom apartment, that was so spacious, lovely and new, secure parking and friendly and efficient people on reception. We even took advantage of the room service menu! What a holiday treat. I would not hesitate to recommend Aria for both features and position.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Looking for a small apartment hotel , convenient to shops & restaurants but away from the noise of main roads? Then the Aria is for you. The one bedroom apartment we had was beautifully equipped, spotlessly clean & very comfortable. Secure undercover parking & friendly efficient staff made our 3 day stay very pleasant. Dickson shops & it's many & varied restaurants is a 15 minute walk or 5 minute drive away. The city centre just a few minutes more. The little cafe in the lobby whilst basic, is sufficient for a snack or light breakfast & let's face it, the apartment kitchen has everything needed to self cater, including a proper coffee plunger!

Bowral, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Aria Hotel in Canberra on a number of occasions. As so many reviewers have noted, it is impeccably clean, well appointed, comfortable with excellent front of house staff. Last weekend we were there again - for Saturday and Sunday. This time the staff out did themselves. Our vehicle broke down on Sunday and we needed to stay for at least two more nights. The hotel staff went out of their way to keep us in the same room, liaise with the NRMA and made sure we had everything we needed. For that alone, I would recommend the Aria 100%.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed in Aria over the weekend - it turned out to be a good choice for a place to explore Canberra from. Although short of the convenience of a dining room - you have to make do with a coffee and cake bar if you're not going out - the comfortable room made for a pleasant stay. Albeit the Aria deluxe room was more the size one usually acquaints with Paris than Canberra.
Being new and not too far from the centre of Canberra makes it is somewhere we'd stay in again especially when compared with some of Canberra's other hotels with similar room rates. Service is good - efficient and friendly. And they make you feel welcome on a cold winter's night!

Room Tip: For the best views ask for a room on the upper levels on the Southern side - Level 7
New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Clean, comfortable & modern!
Loved everything about this motel. Staff friendly, could request our room be cleaned everyday & it was so quiet. We stayed for 3 nights & would stay here again.
Off street parking in security, no charge!

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Firstly we arrived to check in to a hotel room and were upgraded to a one bedroom apartment. Great start. Staff are friendly, easy parking with at no extra charge. LIfts are clean and quick. Nice views from the hotel. The rooms were clean, fresh, well appointed and large. Very comfortable bed and great shower. It's a quick 5 min drive from the CBD. Breakfast facilities are in a open area on arrival in the hotel right next to reception. and reasonably priced. All in all a great experience, reasonably priced and we will definitely stay again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Aria Hotel on 12 July 2014. We have stayed here at least 6 times. We love that it is quiet, clean and new. Although there is no breakfast option we prefer to explore new cafés around Canberra than have a stock standard buffet. I also don't see the need of a mini bar.

On arrival this time we were greeted by a lovely young man who was trying to find me an available room because I arrived early to check in. I assured him it was okay and that we could come back later. He then advised he would upgrade me due to availability issues to a 1 bedroom apartment (I had booked the Aria room). He was so lovely and acknowledged that I had been there before. I had previously provided feedback to the hotel that it was a little off putting when the staff explain where everything is and don't recognize you have stayed there half a dozen times already.

It was a very freezing weekend in Canberra, less than zero at night. In the apartment we had the air conditioner on warm all night. I found the bed very comfortable and was toasty warm all night.

Checkout was wonderful. The only issue I had was that I left behind an expensive jacket in the hotel room and realised when we were already home (3 hours from Canberra). My husband rang and the lady (Jana) was extremely helpful. She located my jacket and has already sorted out the postage of my jacket back to me. That's what I call customer service!

I highly recommend booking through the hotel website. I secured a room for $125 for the night, no booking fee. We will definitely be back!

Stayed July 2014

Been to Aria Hotel Canberra? Share your experiences!