We recently enjoyed a 3 night stay at the Diamont. Reception and restaurant staff are friendly and welcoming and an upgrade was a nice surprise. Check in was 3pm but we were able to access the room earlier and checkout is 11am. The room was large with an awesome King bed, so comfortable with lovely sheets and pillows. A large couch and desk plus good sized bathroom with nice rain shower were great. Tiles were cold but complimentary slippers solved this problem. Room was ground floor at the front but very quiet and heavy block out curtains were great. Room service was good and cleaning staff were unobtrusive if a little tardy in replenishing the tea and sugar. I really liked the staff and that makes a huge difference plus the hotel is stylish and comfortable. A loose power point and running water on one of the dual flushes on the toilet need attention but didn't detract from the experience. I'm sure they will be attended to. 5 mins walk to free city loop bus and a little more to the city centre which is ok.
- Also Known As:
- Diamant Hotel Canberra - By 8 Canberra
- Diamant Hotel Canberra - By 8
- Hotel Diamant Boutique
- Diamant Boutique Canberra
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our spectacular 80 room contemporary boutique hotel and Restaurant is located on the doorstep of Canberra’s key cultural, entertainment, sport and commercial facilities. Immersed in a series of unique designer landscaped gardens and complementary specialist retailers, the Diamant is perfectly located in Canberra’s first true urban village. A location that locals envy! This boutique art hotel is positioned near Lake Burley Griffin at the intersection of Marcus Clarke Street and Edinburgh Avenue. On the doorstep of Canberra's key cultural, entertainment, sport and commercial facilities and immersed in a series of unique designer landscaped gardens and complimentary specialist retailers, the DIAMANT is perfectly located in Canberra's first true urban village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Diamant Hotel Canberra - by 8Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.