I picked this up as a Wotif mystery deal and only stayed one night, and didn't have any complaints really. It was a nice little hotel with friendly staff. I got a cheap rate and was happy at that price, but probably wouldn't want to pay more. It's not what I consider worthy of 5 star prices, it's more boutique 4 star.
- complimentary Internet that works pretty well & they proactively give you access
- you can go to fitness first gym (or a smaller one that is closer, but see below)
- modern, dark decor in lobby areas, which I like
- friendly staff
- l liked that it is a newish hotel in an old refurbished building
- restaurant food was good
- good in room air-conditioning
Not as good
- pillows weren't great
- car park is a bit of an effort to negotiate (different building, many doors, remotes, swipes etc)
- $5.50 for a small coke in minibar!
- minibar is one of those annoying auto-charge jobs so you can't use the fridge
- hotel & restuarant seemed to be frequented by oldies, not really a happening vibe (but maybe that is just Canberra in general?)
- chairs in room for show, not comfort
- tv is so small and far from bed I didn't bother switching it on. Why spend on a really good brand if it is tiny? (bang & olufsen) Bigger is better with TVs...
- some noise from other rooms travelled through to room pretty easily
- couldn't fully close curtains to shut out light
A tip - if you go to the gym, don't bother with the little one in the residential tower next door. It is tiny with no real weights and cheap machines. Go for Fitness First instead - I should have!
I'd stay here again with a discount rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Gallery Hotel, Canberra combines a unique CBD location with Peppers signature boutique features, designer ambience and service experience. The hotel building is heritage registered, with original features that blend effortlessly with a modern Peppers setting. Every detail has been well thought out - with Bang & Olufsen technology, marble features in boutique rooms and apartments. All rooms have rain showers, luxury bedding, smart technology and original artwork. Choose from Hotel Room, Deluxe and Premier Rooms, and Suites. Unwind in your fully self-contained apartment with one, two or three bedrooms and a balcony. Located within the original Hotel Acton building, this historic and heritage listed site has been transformed into the NewActon Pavilion - Canberra's first true urban village, where Peppers Gallery Hotel has taken up residence as the city's first luxury boutique hotel. Featuring the renowned Bicicletta Restaurant and Library Bar, guests can enjoy true Italian cuisine. Bicicletta specialises in homemade pasta and produce from different regions of Italy and Australia, catering to all occasions including formal sit-down meals. Relax at Soma Day Spa or explore the New Acton precinct, close to the iconic Lake Burley Griffin and within walking distance of Canberra's many high-end attractions. The hotel provides complimentary WiFi in all rooms as well as public areas. Australia's Capital Territory is home to some great attractions, many within walking distance from Peppers Gallery Hotel, Canberra which is located ten minutes from the city centre, near Canberra's many cafes, bars, shops and restaurants. The National Zoo & Aquarium and National Arboretum Canberra is a short drive away, as are the Botanical Gardens and Telstra viewing tower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Peppers Gallery Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamant Hotel Canberra - By 8 Canberra
- Hotel Diamant Boutique
- Diamant Boutique Canberra