I picked this up as a Wotif mystery deal and only stayed one night, and didn't have any complaints really. It was a nice little hotel with friendly staff. I got a cheap rate and was happy at that price, but probably wouldn't want to pay more. It's not what I consider worthy of 5 star prices, it's more boutique 4 star.
- complimentary Internet that works pretty well & they proactively give you access
- you can go to fitness first gym (or a smaller one that is closer, but see below)
- modern, dark decor in lobby areas, which I like
- friendly staff
- l liked that it is a newish hotel in an old refurbished building
- restaurant food was good
- good in room air-conditioning
Not as good
- pillows weren't great
- car park is a bit of an effort to negotiate (different building, many doors, remotes, swipes etc)
- $5.50 for a small coke in minibar!
- minibar is one of those annoying auto-charge jobs so you can't use the fridge
- hotel & restuarant seemed to be frequented by oldies, not really a happening vibe (but maybe that is just Canberra in general?)
- chairs in room for show, not comfort
- tv is so small and far from bed I didn't bother switching it on. Why spend on a really good brand if it is tiny? (bang & olufsen) Bigger is better with TVs...
- some noise from other rooms travelled through to room pretty easily
- couldn't fully close curtains to shut out light
A tip - if you go to the gym, don't bother with the little one in the residential tower next door. It is tiny with no real weights and cheap machines. Go for Fitness First instead - I should have!
I'd stay here again with a discount rate.
- Also Known As:
- Diamant Hotel Canberra - By 8 Canberra
- Diamant Hotel Canberra - By 8
- Hotel Diamant Boutique
- Diamant Boutique Canberra
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our spectacular 80 room contemporary boutique hotel and Restaurant is located on the doorstep of Canberra’s key cultural, entertainment, sport and commercial facilities. Immersed in a series of unique designer landscaped gardens and complementary specialist retailers, the Diamant is perfectly located in Canberra’s first true urban village. A location that locals envy! This boutique art hotel is positioned near Lake Burley Griffin at the intersection of Marcus Clarke Street and Edinburgh Avenue. On the doorstep of Canberra's key cultural, entertainment, sport and commercial facilities and immersed in a series of unique designer landscaped gardens and complimentary specialist retailers, the DIAMANT is perfectly located in Canberra's first true urban village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Diamant Hotel Canberra - by 8Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.